Finana Ryugu

"Finana darling, come here." Her mother waved her fin for her to come. Finana sat next to her mother on the sofa, "Yes mother?" She held one of her fins, "I know you're still very young, but me and your father thought about it, and we think it's time to talk about this." Finana squinted her eyes, "Mother, dear mother. I think I am too young to marry." She laughed, "Ow nono, sweetie not that~." She tilted her head and asked, "Then what is it?" Her mother held on to both of her fins and talked to her with a smile on her face, "We as rulers have an important job to our Kingdom and to the people living in it. We tend and protect the coral reefs. And in return they also protect us." She booped her nose. Finana leaned her head back as her mother's fin made contact with her nose, "But I already know that!" Her mother placed her fins on Finana's cheeks and gently pulled her head down so that she could look into her eyes. "But do you know the extent our people have to go through just to achieve that protection?" She shook her head. Obviously, she knew it to an extent. But it's not like her teachers would go into heavy detail about the battles her family had to face, since that might not be helpful for the process of ruling. Nobody likes blood and war. And Finana might get distracted by how her grandparents looked during battle.

Her mother rubbed her cheeks, "Our people had to face off many different beings. Such as different fish or other big sea creatures that are trying to challenge our power. But worst of all-" After hearing that Finana raised her eyebrows, now her mother caught her attention. "are the humans." Finana tilted her head, "Humans?" Her mother nodded, "Yes, they have thrown numerous amounts of trash into our oceans that are hurtful to us. And some of them have come down here and ruined our coral reefs directly." Finana seemed to be thinking about something. Her mother let go of her face and asked her what she was thinking about. "Well, not all humans are bad right? Just like us there are some bad fish, but not all of us- like you mama!" She smiled but her mother didn't reflect the same emotions. "Sweetie, all humans are bad. All of them are polluting our oceans." Finana's smile faded away and she looked down at her fins. Her mother rubbed her back, "I'm sorry to say it like this, but you would have to know someday." Finana leaned her head on her shoulder, "I know mama."

After that serious talk with her mother Finana needed to do something else before she started to think too much about the tragic past of their history. She left the room and headed to her bedroom. On the castle wall was one of her great grandparents, The Dragon Sea God. She always liked to follow along his body with his hand but before she reached the head she suddenly stopped and thought about what her mother said. "They can't be all bad...right?" She took a deep breath and went to her room. She sat at her desk and decided to finish her studies. But she couldn't concentrate she kept thinking about what her mom said. She just wanted to see if the humans were truly as terrible as her mother made them out to be. But it's not like she can just become a human and go explore on her own... wait.

The next day her mother would be out to discuss some topics with the other rich ladies in the Kingdom aka a tea party! But at this time Finana had the chance to go to her father and ask him to go up to the land. He was more laidback than her mother, maybe that was because he had a strict upbringing himself and he wanted Finana to live freer.

Finana walked into her father's office and saw that he was talking to a few servants, but that didn't matter since she had to ask something. She puffed up her chest and asked, "Father, I have something to ask." Her father chuckled after seeing his daughter walk in and waved the servants away, "And what is that?" When she noticed that he seemed curious she changed her body language and happily walked to his desk. "Okay okay, so it may come from nowhere, but I want to go live with the humans." He leaned forward, "But your question is?" Finana made a little 'ah' sound, "My question is: Is Finana RYUGU allowed to live with the humans for a long- short- normal time period?" She smiled. Her father slightly raised his eyebrows and nodded, "I have to talk to your mother about that one." Finana's smile faded away, "Ow you know that she will never let me go!" He nodded. "Please, I really want to go." He sighed, "But I still have to involve your mother into this." Finana made an 'ugh' sound and walked away. "Bye Finana, love you." Before she left the room, she let out a little "love you too" while she heard her father laugh.

When Finana's mother returned home she and her husband had an important topic to talk about. Finana was in her room when they talked about her request and every time someone walked past her quarters she would tense up. Trying to get herself to face the disappointment her parents would bring her. It's not like it would be the end of the world for Finana, but she would be very upset. She wanted to explore the world, before she was stuck to her duty as queen.

After hours of listening closely to the footsteps outside her door her father finally opened the door, "Finana, are you in here?" Finana slowly got out of her bed, "Yes...what have you decided?" Her mother followed her husband, and she had her arms crossed. Finana didn't have much hope in her eyes. Her mother spoke first, "We...have decided for you to go." Finana widened her eyes and jumped up, "Really!" Her parents nodded and she ran to hug them, "Thank you thank you thank you!" But before Finana could thank them again her father patted her back, "But before we let you live alone you need to find a job first. We can take care of your house, but you need to find a way to buy other things." Finana looked up at him, "What kinds of jobs are there in the human world?"

When Finana first walked into her apartment she found it so cool, but after a few days there wasn't much to do. So, she started looking for jobs. She saw an ad for working at the company Nijisanji and there were a few cartoon looking characters, they seemed fun and that made her apply.

But when she arrived for the interview, she truly didn't understand in what mess she got herself into.