𝟙 | 𝟛

Facade

    "What is it exactly that I'm supposed to be doing?" I cross my arms over my chest and wait for Raul, one of the boarder guards, to explain why it is that I'm here

"What is it exactly that I'm supposed to be doing?" I cross my arms over my chest and wait for Raul, one of the boarder guards, to explain why it is that I'm here. It's early in the afternoon and while everyone else's in training, I'm yet to know why I was assigned to Raul of all people.

"You're having trouble getting your wolf to come out, correct?"

"Correct."

"Then we're going to try to force her to come out."

"I mean you've attacked me once before and she didn't come out then so what makes you think she'll come out now?"

"Do you always ask this many questions?" His Spanish accent is thick. I glare at him before letting him continue.

"Then, I was only trying to scare you but now I'm going to actually attack you into shifting. Easy peasy right?"

"Yeah-" I begin to say but Raul throws a punch at my face but I quickly dodge it. "Are you serious!"

I back away and get into my fighting stance when he does the same. I've had some fighting practice in my old pack but Raul's buff and strong, hence why he has the job that he has, and at the end of this, it'll probably be my ass on the ground.

We move in a circle with our fists up, waiting for the other person to strike first. After a minute, I grow bored of waiting and pursue him. I throw a punch at his face which he of course catches and I knee him to the rib but he barely stumbles back. He has a wicked smirk on his face which tells me that he either underestimated my fighting skills or that he's going to enjoy this. Hopefully not too much because it will suck to walk out of here with bruises.

He circles around me and my eyes follow his every move intensely to be ready for any sudden attack. Dancing in a circle, none of us break eye contact as we hide behind our fists.

"So, care to show me how mommy and daddy got ripped apart?" His words throw me off guard and I drop my stance.

"What did you just say?" I question, anger and confusion start to boil up inside me.

"I mean come on, you're kinda the reason why they're dead and I think you know it too." His words feel like knives jamming into my stomach and I don't think before angrily rushing towards him and connecting my fist to his face. His head turns with the punch and I give him another blow to the gut. He grunts out but that's not enough to knock him down. Leaving myself open, I feel a sting on my mouth when he elbows me. I trail my tongue along my bottom lip and swallow a metallic combined with a cheery flavored lipgloss taste.

This time he charges at me and I dodge one to the face but he delivers the other to my stomach. In a flash, I'm in an elbow choke hold and feel his warm breaths on the side of my face. I try clawing my way out from under him but his hold is too strong. "I bet they didn't stand a chance against those rogues." He breathes in my ear and that's when I lose it. My vision becomes orange for a second, only a tiny second, before turning back into its original color.