Chapter 13

A/N: someone tell me how to delete chapters so i can delete my old addons -_-

The next day, Victor had thrown on some clothes, which were slightly too large for him. He scrutinized his reflection in the mirror, checking to make sure that his body shape was obscured properly, he didn't need a lecture about his thin frame, or his paleness, or anything else. He wanted the doctor to know as little about him as he could, only stopping in to get his eye properly stitched. He sighed heavily as Clerval quietly opened the door.

"You all ready to head out-?"

Victor made a soft grunt of affirmation, taking his cane and leaning his weight on it. It was easier to walk now, but he still much preferred using a cane. Clerval walked over to him, taking Victor's free hand, doing what he can to help stabilize him.

"Let's go then- we can go quick- Jekyll has agreed to watch the house now that he's feeling better- I know you don't know him as well, but he seems very kind and responsible- so I have no worries-"

Victor nods, "I trust you. I trust you." he murmured dismissively.

"Victor, dearest- I know you don't want to go but we have to-"

"Hmph."

"You know you look cute when you pout"

"You... you mean that?"

Clerval grinned mischievously, a smug air filling his voice, "Maybe I do, maybe I don't~ but I do know that you can't be mad at me when you're flustered- so either way I win-!" he put a fist on his hip and continued to grin, overly proud of his own 'achievement'. Victor sighed in exasperation before giving a soft chuckle. He shook his head in disapproval, but Clerval was right; Victor could never stay mad at him.

The two walked out the door, shutting it behind them quickly, before anyone could see in behind them, leaving Jekyll and Adam alone in the house.

Clerval and Victor walked quietly down the street, basking in the sunlight. It didn't take long for them to reach one of the local doctors. Thankfully everything was able to be done quickly, since the injury was already mostly healed. The stitching was finally even, and now Victor had a small bottle of medication said to help speed up the healing process and a recommendation to move to a more rural area. The doctor claimed that the fresh air and open skies were the best for helping heal the mind and body. He was already planning to avoid taking the medication, figuring it wouldn't do anything anyways. He tucked it into his pocket, turning to Clerval.

"We should tell the college. We need to find an area they can deliver to." He muttered, the activity already taking a toll on him.

"Yes- we should- we can go over there now- unless you need to take a short break- i know the walking is hard on your legs still-"

"I'm fine. The sooner we get there, the sooner we can leave."

"Alright-! As long as you're ok- I'll make sure to look into the towns they say that they can deliver the long distance lessons to-! We can move out to one of those- but we do need to find a way to travel with Adam- since you know-"

Victor nodded, "Maybe he and Hyde can trail the carriage on foot... We'll figure it out later."

It wasn't a long walk to where Victor's campus was, while he was still attending. The grounds were pretty expansive and well manicured with expensive trees and flowers. It was very obviously a prestigious place, Clerval hadn't paid much attention to it while he was here before, so he couldn't help but stare out at the picturesque courtyard.

They slowly made their way to the main orientation and information building. The large clock outside that all of campus could hear chimed its elaborate tune at eleven o'clock rolled around. Some classes were ending and students began to mill about the campus going off to eat lunch or study. Victor grumbled quietly, the extra noise from people walking around and talking was going to mess with his senses.