Preface

"People aren't either wicked or noble. They're like chef's salads, with good things and bad things chopped and mixed together in a vinaigrette of confusion and conflict"
- Fernald [A Series of Unfortunate Events]

Summary:What's a fairytale without charming princes, elegant princesses, loyal sidekicks, and a kiss to seal their happy-ever-after? What if a happy ever after never comes? For centuries, Pyxis's ninety-nine kingdoms each had a curse to prevent th...

Summary:
What's a fairytale without charming princes, elegant princesses, loyal sidekicks, and a kiss to seal their happy-ever-after? What if a happy ever after never comes? For centuries, Pyxis's ninety-nine kingdoms each had a curse to prevent them from happy endings. Whether frozen hearts or crashed ships, it doesn't stop the exceptional few from trying. Even though they know they're only running towards their demise, it exceeds waiting for their demise to come eventually. Would curses be broken if twins from underwater caves surfaced or girls turning to stone ran away? Through a collection of short stories, learn about the tales of every corner of Pyxis searching for a happy ever after through love, friendship, and a deeper meaning.

What to Expect: 
A collection of stories of characters that aren't morally-correct heroes or evil villains, but instead morally-grey characters that grew up too fast, are in a selfish world and want happy endings. Some think that these happy endings will never come and instead want to delay their demise. Others believe that happy endings are possible even if sacrifices are made along the way. These characters may be selfish, cowardly, and manipulative but also compassionate, reliable, and full of integrity. Instead of ruining our ideas of fairytales, I want to make these tales more realistic and true to what the world is like today. 

History of Pyxis:
People tell of two elven daughters of a pirate king fighting not only for the throne and for their lives. Both landed on opposite coasts of the strangely unexplored island of Pyxis, with nothing but a perfect view of the stars. Although both fighting for their lives, they both had very selfish desires. The older sister wishes to kill her sister's first love, as revenge for telling their father about her boyfriend. While the younger is cocky and cunning, wanting more power over her father's crew, the Siesta. When they both met at the center of the island, something occurred that no one was too sure of. Some say it was an ancient curse put on the island by extinct civilizations. Others say that it was controlled by magicians to entertain the royals in a faraway land. No matter what is was, it was unfair.