Chapter 3

"Asti!" 

What a life! Ang aga-aga binubulabog ako! I sat at my bed and leaned my back at the headboard. I raised my head and closed my eyes. Tangina. Minulat ko ang aking mata nang marinig ko na naman ang walang tigil na pagkatok. Padabog akong tumayo at dali-daling binuksan ang pinto na may masamang mukha.

"Magandang umaga sa pinakamagandang dilag na aking nakita!" Dos screamed. Natawa ako sa ingay niya, ganito talaga mga Castellanos 'no? Maiingay. 

"What's with the straight tagalog?" I asked and passed her. Sumunod naman siya sa akin pababa sa salas.

They are all here again. Jake was standing near the glass door where you can see our pool side with Hermes while Xav and Kal were talking about the debate that they were currently watching. I heard that they are maniacs in debates. Well, what am I seeing right now? Are they here because they want to get to know me or what?

"Gising na si Astraea... Where do you want to go?" I froze. What does Dos mean? Aalis kami? Wait... KAMI?! My goodness gracious. Napasapo ako sa aking noo dahil sa sobrang gulo ng aking nararamdaman. All I can say is I'm overwhelmed in what's happening right now.

"Okay, just get straight to the point. Why are you guys here? I'm bewildered. Isn't it a bit shocking that you guys are here the same time that I am? What are your agenda? What's with you guys?" Sunod-sunod kong tanong sa kanila. I saw how Kaliver smirks and he scoffs. 

Ang kaninang nag-uusap na sina Jake at Hermes ay nakatingin na rin sa akin, si Dos na kaninang nakangiti ay sumeryoso ang mukha. Lahat sila ay nakatuon na ang atensyon sa akin. Ang katahimikan na namamagitan sa aming anim ay nakakailang. Dos let out a heavy sigh and looked at me seriously.

"We just want to let you know that we are here. At saka, we all want to hang out with you. Masama ba 'yon?" I saw how the sadness appeared in Dos eyes. I felt guilty on how I acted. 

Natuon ang atensyon ko kay Kaliver nang tumayo siya mula sa kaniyang inuupuan at tinignan ako sa mata sa mata. Lumapit si Jake kay Dos para pakalmahin ito habang si Xav at Hermes ay tahimik na minamasid ang mga susunod na mangyayari.

"You know what? I predicted that this would go another way than we expected it to. If you don't want us here, just say so. We don't want to cross someone else's boundaries," Kaliver seriously said. I saw and heard the sincerity in him. I didn't just feel guilty; guilt ate my whole system to the point that I didn't know what to say anymore.

"I... I'm sorry guys, i-it's just that... I expected this vacation to be full of fun, and I get to explore things I want to explore by myself. I want to have time for myself; that's my goal, and I really appreciate you guys here, but I'm just not ready." I looked at them one by one and gave an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry. I hope you guys understand what I was meaning to say." 

"We respect you. We are sorry for crossing the line; we're just a house farther. You're welcome if you want us to accompany you in your stay." He smiled, and the others also said their apologies and left the house. 

Yesterday feels like I'm willing or ready to let other people into my life. But that's just a feeling, not a decision that needs to be fulfilled or a new chapter that I want to go through in life. Life's been tough for me, and I don't want it to be tough again. All I've been wanting is calmness and others benevolence to my broken soul. It's not easy for me... It's never been.