CHAPTER 5

I placed down my controller as I watched Zach drop his head in defeat.

"Third time man. That's more than one win. Are you sure you want to keep going?"

He sighed.

"No. You're right. I can't handle any more of this." He looked up and held a hand to the sky. "My time is slipping away. I've lost... too much." He let his hand fall down on him and he fell back.

I laughed at his whole display.

"All right, all right. Get up. You're making me feel bad."

"That was the point," he added, opening one eye to look at me.

"Okay, okay. I'll play one game of yours. Only because I feel bad from you losing so many times by my hand."

I got up and headed towards my bathroom to start taking off my makeup. I was so distracted by our games that I forgot to take it off. Zack followed me and stood at the bathroom door leaning on the doorframe. A smirk grew on his face making a small chill run down my spine.

"You mean it?"

I locked eyes with him with the reflection of the mirror for a second really thinking this through.

"Yeah. What could be the worst to happen?"

He bit his lip a bit as if to hold back a laugh.

"How about good old 'Truth or Dare'?''

I rolled my eyes.

"Really? How old are you?"

"Old enough to know how to really play this game."

His smirk played on his lips making my stomach do flips. He may be my friend but I couldn't help thinking he was a little hot. I mean, he is the hottest guy in school for a reason.

I kept taking off my makeup and eventually looked up again. I grabbed a towel and slowly patted my face dry.

"Alright, fine. Since this game is for me, I'll go first," I said, turning around, folding my arms.

He readjusted his position and looked at me dead in the eyes.

"Truth or dare, Jess?"

I leaned back from his look feeling like saying dare would be the worst idea possible.

"Truth."

"Oh, you're no fun."

I looked to the side not wanting to change my choice.

"Fine. Are you interested in anyone?"

Jesus he was sure straight to the point. I kept my eyes facing away from him and without even realizing it my face started to get a little warm. I thought about Ashley and what she said with Ian. She wasn't wrong, he is cute but I've never really been one to focus on him that much. If anything it would probably be Zach as the person I focused on most.

Then Ashley's words played in my head.

"...you've had to at least thought about what he looks like behind all those layers of clothes..."

My face got hotter. I couldn't tell if it was Ian or Zach I was starting to imagine with that.

"Ah, I'll take that as a yes. Who?"

I looked up past Zach so I wouldn't meet his gaze.

Why won't I meet his gaze?

"I didn't say anything."