The Raw Love

The thunderstorm was really loud today, it was as if the sky was jolting, the moon was covered with dense black clouds and it seemed that the rain would start any minute.
A smile spread over Ann's face. Rainy weather always made her happy. She glanced over the clock in her lounge and ran to brush her hair. Although her hair were tied into a neat bun, like she preferred them, it was time for him to return home, she wanted them to be as per his liking.
She brushed her hair into a nice centre splits and sprayed her favourite scent.
Just then the door bell rang, she quickly checked herself in the mirror before leaving when she heard someone opening the door.
Damn, it was the kids again! Her daughters had happily ran to welcome their dad! She stood in the corridor laughing silently on how she's got competition now! He looked at her, knowing exactly what she was thinking, after hugging the girls, he came to Ann. She welcomed the love of her life with a passionate kiss just like everyday.
'The kids won again', he said with a smile.
'Yes, they did!' Ann replied, looking at him with eyes full of raw love.
'What's for dinner? I'm starving!' He enquired.
'I've made your favourite, lasagne. I thought you might like to eat it considering the beautiful weather...and by the way, after dinner, we'll go out for ice-cream.' She replied.
'Sure, let me freshen up first.' He went to the bed room to change while Ann got the dinning table ready.

The family ate dinner together and after that the girls went to get their shoes so they could go out for dessert.
Meanwhile, the couple were in their terrace enjoying  the cool breeze.
'The clouds are all gone!' Ann was disappointed. 'Look, even the moon's out!' She said to her husband pointing out at the moon.
But all he did was look at her with the heart melting smile that loved! Then it occurred to her what he actually meant, 'come on! Look at the moon dear!' She said shyly.
'Yes, I am looking at my moon!' He exclaimed cheesily.
Ann couldn't stop smiling and looked away, way too embarrassed! 'It's 10 years to our marriage, when will you stop flirting?' She managed to ask while butterflies fluttered in her tummy. And he hugged her lovingly ever so tightly!
He still made her feel loved like what it felt 16 years back when they were sweetheart, deeply in love. Well, they still were madly and deeply in love. It was like their love never stopped growing. Every day it became stronger, every fight, every up and down of their love made it stronger, it was a bond that could never weaken, it was truly the rawest form of love one could experience.
In an intense embrace, they were silently cherishing each other's presence when the girls came running, 'Mama, Baba, we are ready, let's go get ice-cream!' They shouted together!
Not that they were the perfect couple, nor were they tension free, they too had burdens, tensions and setbacks that life has to offer, yet they chose to live in the moment. They felt sad, they cried together, they fought, they faced many problems, but their love made them stand strong against the odds that life put forwards.
And the happy family went out for ice-cream to thankfully enjoy their happiness!