Chapter 11

As we walk into my flat, he grabs a beer or a couple. He's already drunk so he doesn't need anymore.

I sit down on the couch, "come and sit on daddy's lap" he says. "I think I'll pass" I say. I hate it when he's drunk and he hate my snarky and sassy comments. "Come here you little whore and sit n my damn lap" he growls at me.

I go to get up and as I walk over to him, I go to reach for the bottle, "I think you've had enough for one night." He pushes me away, "No I haven't. I don't even want you sit on me anymore. I need more of these because I have to look at you everyday, so I haven't had enough yet."

"Stop being a dick head, you're drunk." I state as he gets up, "IM NOT DRUNK, now go get me another beer. Matter a fact, I want a cup of scotch." He gestures for me to go to the kitchen, I ignore him and head upstairs. "No I'm going bed good night."

I'm tired of being treated like a doormat to this arsehole. I hate cursing but he's like the devil. I can't watch him drown in alcohol for some stupid reason.

Before I could reach the stairs to go to the second floor, my hair is being pulled and I'm slung into a door.

"You worthless whore, I said to do one thing not the other" he smacks me. "Stop hitting me. You've had enough and I want to sleep. Goodnight!" I yell back at him as I regain my balance.

He just laughs in my face and grabs my chin with a tight grip before I can reach the stairs, once more.

"Stop being a delusional little bitch and trying to tell me what I've had enough of. I've had enough of you, but I'm still here right. Your stupid and pathetic! You are nothing without me, remember that" He hisses the last part to me.

"Actually I'm more without you. Go to he'll arsehole" I say the last part as I go to leave for the door and not the stairs. I've enough for one night. Its the same thing every time. But before I can reach the door, he slings me into the wall. My head hits the near by bookshelf.

"YOU ARE NOTHING WITHOUT ME!" As I feel him kicking and slapping me everything goes black.

>>>>>>

I wake up breathing heavy as another nightmare clouds my dreams and tears stream down my face. I see Luke isn't in the bed. No wonder I don't feel safe and protected.

But it isn't his job to protect me, or be my saviour. There is no such thing as that. That's only for fairytales and I STOPPED believing a long time ago.

I walk into the living room, only to see him asleep with his song book open on his tummy. I awe quietly a the sight.

I walk outside to regulate my breathing and get my mind back on track.

As I sit on my balcony in my lounge chair, I can't help but just think about one thing.

Phantom.

He haunts my every move and every thought. It scares me as the hold of power he has over me, even when I moved away.

"Hey are you okay Angel?" I hear a deep groggy, yet sexy bedtime voice come from my balcony door.

Its Luke.

"I thought you were asleep?" I state, but comes out as a question. I never meet his eyes when I talk, I just look out at the beautifully lit city.

"I was, but I sensed your presence around, and could tell something was wrong." He states as he comes to sit in the lounge chair beside me.

"Oh" is all that I'm able to say. Its like my body is here, but my mind set is totally somewhere else.

"I've noticed you won't look at me or answer my question." He says as if it's not normal.

Luke has never seen the quiet, observant side of me. Like I'm always observant because you'll never know who or what is watching. But after dreams and things like that I just kinda shut down and get scared.

"Hey Sophie, please look at me" I notice he's crouched beside my chair. "You called me Sophie?" I say, which comes as a surprise even though it's my name.

"I know" he chuckles, "it's your name Angel. But please talk to me. You look like my baby niece, when she thinks there is a big scary monster in her closet."

"That's how I feel" I mumble to myself. "Its nothing, trust me" I reassure him.

"Okay well I'm here okay?" He says. "Okay."

He sits back down as he interlocks our fingers and rubs small yet soothing circles into my hand.

"Luke?" I say, but still looking out. "Yes Angel?" He says but doesn't look at me either.

"Why didn't you sleep with me?" I ask. "Because after about 15 mins of you sleeping, you kept saying get away. So I was going to wake you but instead I figured you were talking to me so I just left." He rambles on.

"Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't talking to you." I only say.

About ten minutes passed and then as I get comfortable, I can see him getting up out of the corner of my eye.

As soon as he gets up he lifts me up by having one arm cradles me under my legs, and the other cradling my back. Also known as bridal style.

"Its time for you to rest Angel" He puts me in my bed and lays down, putting on How I Met Your Mother. I turn to watch the tele and my mind feels a little bit at ease, afterwards.

I end up snuggling further into Luke, as he strokes my hair, which is very soothing.

"No big bad monster will come and get you Angel" and with that said peaceful darkness clouds my eyelids and conscience.

>>>>

Hey everyone hope you like this chapter. Its kinda different bc it gives background knowledge. Pls tell others about my book. But thanks for 304 views

Pls vote, comment, and continue to read.

-xoxo diamond