4

"So she finds her fathers been having an affair with her best friend," Rossi clarified. "People have killed over much less," Hotch nodded. "Thats why she didn't mention it, that gives her clear motive," Spencer spoke to his colleagues. "Clever girl," Rossi looked towards the one way glass. "She has nothing else to give us Reid," Hotch spoke sternly. "There's someone in her life who killed Leighanne and is killing these women," Reid pleaded with his superior. "You can go back in but if you dont find anything soon Reid there's nothing we can do," Hotch nodded. "We can't let an innocent woman rot in jail," he sighed, entering the room again. 

"You're back," I smiled wide, he returned the smile. "I am, I need your help to get to the bottom of this Alex," he sighed sitting down, I could tell whatever he'd been told outside wasn't good. "You know I dont know anything else Doctor Reid," I returned the sigh. "Your dad had an alibi, multiple people saw him, still at your party," he nodded. "Do you like your father Miss Michaels?" he asked using my last name. I didn't answer, I told him not to call me that. "I'll answer for you, you don't," he spoke, I didn't like his change in tone. "Okay, Mr profiler, impress me, tell me how you knew?" I rolled my eyes. "Didn't take much profiling Alex, your father is Mr Michaels, you told us to call you Alexandra because you dont like the reminder of your fathers name," he replied. "Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner would you like a teddy bear or a t shirt?" I snarled slightly, he smirked at my reaction. "Why don't you like him Alex?" he asked. "You're kidding right? maybe because I have common morals?" I shook my head in disbelief. "He was fucking a girl he'd known as a child, he'd watched her grow up, it's sick," I growled and he nodded, he agreed with me. "I'm not arguing with you Alex," he smiled and I instantly relaxed. "Did your mum know about the affair?" he asked softly, I shrugged. "Didn't have time to ask," I looked awkwardly at him, he looked down at the sheets before telling me she had the same alibi as my dad. "And she didn't have any boyfriend at the time?" he smiled. "No, kept telling me how she only liked older men, I suppose I can see the irony now," I feigned a laugh, he didn't. "You dont need to fake laughter Alex, this is meant to be tough for you," he looked deeply into me, truthfully it intimidated me. "Im not," I protested. "You are," he shot back. "Am. Not," I replied sternly. "Alex," he reprimanded me, I felt like I was in school. 

There was a silence, not an awkward one but the type that drips with tension. "Doctor Reid," he swallowed at my opening, "I don't know how I can help you any further" I stared deeply at him, I wasn't dumb, this investigation was going to be over sooner rather than later so I took any second I had to stare at him, burning his features into my brain. "Tell me about yourself Alex," his body relaxed into his chair. I ran my tongue across my bottom lip, dragging it between my teeth. "What do you want to know pretty boy?" I smirked. "What's important" I narrowed my eyes at his vague comment. "I'm not married, no boyfriend, no" I paused, "lover" smirking at him, it took me by surprise that he didn't even flinch. "Is that important Alex?" he questioned. "I was hoping it would be to you," I pushed back, still smirking. "It's extremely important to me," he paused, sending butterflies through my whole body, "I can eliminate you being set up by a scorned," he paused, mimicking me, "lover". My jaw tensed at his answer, he knew that it wasn't the answer I wanted. "You didn't like that answer?" he leaned forward staring at me. I stayed silent watching as he smirked at me.