Prologue: Meet Sky

It was a beautiful day or so Sky thought.Sky was 5 years old today , her mother Anabeath was a loving and caring mother. She always made risks for her lovely daughter. Today , was the day Sky's father left. Her mother told stories about him and she ask Sky if she remembered anything about her father. Sky only remembered that both her and her father would always play with her and care for her. Sky was in her room getting ready for her fifth birthday party. When she came out of her room, she saw her mother downstairs waiting for her. They both went out to eat. When they got home, they saw Dillon (one of Anabeaths friends) on the ground with her stomach cut opean. Anabeath told her daughter to go in the closet and hide. Sky obeaying her mother did so. About a minuet or two passed and sky heard her mother screaming! Sku ran out of the closet and up the stairs. She heard the scream again and then she ran into a room. She realized it was in her room. She wished she could unseen what she saw. It was a man about in his late twenties. He held a nice up against her mothers throat. " please don't hurt her! " little Sky said to the man. " Its to late!" the man said. But just before he could grab Sky, Anabeath kicked him were the sun don't shine. Anabeath then grabed Sky behind her. Then the man grabbed his knife and brought it down. Sky closed her eyes and felt a liquid splash on her face. When she opened her eyes she saw her mother on the ground with red liquid all over. Just before the man could regain his balance Sky kicked the knife out of his hands and then grbed it. " Like a little girl could hurt me" , the man said. And just like lighting the knife was now in his chest."Dam you little brat". Then sku fell to the floor ," S-s-s-sky" she heard her mother say in a whisper."MOM!" , Sky ran over to her mom. Sky, my beautiful little girl. Her mother started, " Please promise me you'll be happy when your older." " Find your father and tell hi- cough cough -him I'm sorry". "MOM PLEASE IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE LEAVING ME!" Sky yelled while holding her mother."I'll always be with you, please tell your father I'm sorry.""He is Sinbad the king of sindria." Then Sky felt her mother go limb. "MOM !" Sky was holding her mother and she was crying nonstop. Finaly , Sky stood up and walked out of the room. She went into Dillons room. There she found a red cloke, even though it was big on her now it would grow. Next she went to her mothers room and grabed some money for her journey to Sindria. Then she dropped a picture of her and her mother. Something cought her eye, under the bed was a katana in blue and black. There was a note on it as well it said " To: Sky , My dear Sky I hope you like your katana . Your father told me to give it to you today on your fifth birthday. From: you're truley mother." Sky took the sword and went to the door. On her way to the front door , she spotted Dillon on the cold ground. With the same cold liquid. Then she went out of the house. She lived in the slums with Dillon and Anabeath. She was now on her way to find her father king Sinbad of Sindria.