Chapter Eight: Sleepless In A Palace

No sleep.

None.

Just delirium

A small pile of books.

And a sleeping monarch on a window bench under your coat which said Monarch is sleeping, shivering, and damp. Living the fine life, aren't we?

George stared at the page, the same page he's been staring at

FOR

THE

PAST

FUCKING

THIRTY

MINUTES

He closed the book, before threatening insanity. George slammed his face onto the wooden table, startling King in his sleep, making him flinch. George groaned, already knowing the dark circles under his eyes were going to show up eventually.

George glanced over at the luckily sleeping King and glanced back at the carved ceiling. He groaned.

"Goddammit...!!" He whispered, clearly needing sleep.

King groaned softly then woke up, he looked down at the coat draped over him.

"You're welcome." George muttered, starting to collect his books, leaving quickly to avoid any further conversation.

King looked at him then looked down at the coat. The oblivious dumbass finally realized the coat belonged to George.

Well about damn time.

King remained there for a moment, not retaining the energy to get up until he heard chatter, and a thud against the library door.

King grumbled, getting up and dragging himself to the door, leaving the coat on George's seat. He opened the door to find George pinning someone to the wall; he himself was shaky. The person he was pinning was a guard.

"What the hell happened?!" King asked, clearly not awake to give a fuck, but he's the king.. so..

"Mr. Washington was walking out of the library and no one saw you since last night, I thought he had something to do with it."

King groaned. "I went out for a walk last night, the library door was the closest to get to, so I went in and grabbed a book to read before I fell asleep on the bench. Now can you unhand our GUEST, you buffoon?"

The Guard huffed and let go of George. Rather harshly. George glared back at the Guard who left with haste. He looked back at King.

"...Thank you." He had a tone of annoyance, clearly from lack of sleep.

"You're welcome, George." King responded, but he was calmer.

George went to pick up his books, King helped, the waters were hot and he was jumping into the deep end, George's irritability in the morning plus no sleep, plus King's stubborn ass trying to help will equal in an outburst. George noticed King picking up books, getting ready to hand them to him.

"I can do it on my own."

"I'm just trying to help George, you are clearly tired."

"I'm fine!"

"You are not fine, I can see in your eyes-"

"WHAT ABOUT MY DAMN EYES KINGSTON?!"

"I CAN CLEARLY SEE YOU ARE LYING GEORGE!"

"I'M ONLY LYING BECAUSE MY FORMER ACQUAINTANCE HAS ABANDONED A CHILD I NOW HAVE TO FIND A WAY TAKE CARE OF-"

George slapped his mouth shut quickly.