(Lovely) Horace S.

I sat at my vanity combing my hair, the others were at the beach.  Miss Peregrine doesn't let me go to the beach because of my peculiarity.  I am a Siren, it seems cool but it's not fun and I hate being special.  I have been with Miss. P since I was 11 because my parents threw me out after I drowned a man on accident. 

I sighed while twirling a piece of my hair and then I heard someone at my door," Y/n, do you mind if I come in?"

" Oh hello Horace, sure you can come in," I told him.

He walked in and sat on my bed," Lovely weather we are having today."

" It's the same as everyday Horace.  Why are you at the beach with the others?"

He frowned," Last time I went with them they got my hat wet, they are a bunch of savages."

I lightly chuckled," I mean it's the beach, you're supposed to get wet."

He shrugged," Ehh Y/n? Would you like to talk a walk around the village with me?"

" Sure," I said while standing up.

" You also look lovely Y/n," He told me.  I had on a white button down that was tucked into a red skirt and I curled my hair a bit.

" Why thank you kind sir," I teased at him.

We walked out the door and her extended his arm to me, which I took.

I did like the Island in some regards but in others I hated it.  I was trapped her forever and if I where to leave I would be age quickly or be faced with the threat of hollows or wights.

" Y/n, what year would is it in the normal world?" Horace asked me

" I think 1975?  Why do you ask."

" What if you and me ran away to present day, we could get married and start a family."

" We would age and would be hunted by wights, that's what would happen."

He sighed and adjusted his monocle," Well it can't hurt to dream right?"

" No, it doesn't hurt."

Horace didn't know but sometimes I would wonder what it would be like for us the ran away together, but I had long shoved down that thought.  I didn't want to die.  And I most certainly didn't want him to die.