Omake: Fractal Plane Refresher Course 5

Kazuki: Fractal Plane Refresher Course!

Miki: Episode 5. Purgatory Survivors.

Kazuki: Say, it's the first time I'm hosting a recap segment with you, Amagi. Feels strange.

Miki: E-eh... What's strange, Arata? Us working together?

Kazuki: Of course not! I just find it strange that it's been 6 volumes already, but it's the first time we got paired together for this segment.

Miki: Hmmm, I see, I see. 

Kazuki: Anyway, it's been one hell of a volume, right? Purgatory Survivors is where the status quo changed a bit, with Ms. Sadohara giving that big revelation about Mu and the Akashic Records. It's about time for the audience to learn about the backstory of that other world and how the chief pillars of the series' conflict ended up being that way. She told us an incredible story with a lot of implications. Who knew she'd have such a complex history with Guren Izaya? A long story, with morals and some girlfriend drama entering the scene, too.

Miki: I did not quite get her explanation perfectly, but it scares me. What if someone gets his hands on that power to change reality?

Kazuki: That's why we're here to stop Euphoria before they get their hands on the host of the Magna Arbiter! On another note, we've been fighting that Magna Arbiter for three volumes now, technically speaking. Ain't that a bit long?

Miki: I can tell that the author has things planned, too. He's coming up with lots of fun scenarios for us to be in. I really enjoyed the science fair. And... d-do you think that what the machine said was right about our compatibility?

Kazuki: H-hey, why are you blushing all of a sudden? All things considered, I have to thank you for all you did last volume. The Fragment inside Samsara's expo hall really did a number on me, but all thanks to you, I think I can overcome my past a bit better now.

Miki: You changed the topic... You're welcome, regardless.

Kazuki: It's been a volume full of exposition, and if we're going with JRPG timelines, we should be at the halfway point.

Miki: It's often at the halfway point where things like that happen. However... those typically get revealed in the midst of an otherwise harmless stretch, don't they? Like a beach episode or a time when people go to hot springs for some comedy. It's a trope, and it's the perfect timing for these reveals. After all, the boys who typically consume the games or novels will be giving their full attention during those parts, especially to the girls in swimsuit or towels. But we didn't have one of those last volume, did we?

Kazuki: Indeed, and... W-wait, I didn't expect you to be so knowledgeable about these things! You're one of the last people I'd expect to do some meta commentary.

Miki: Hehe, I've been doing some... research. Uehara and I did have a conversation when we're bathing, so I'm sure that the boys will be looking forward to seeing that scene in art form.

Kazuki: Doing research, eh? Still, can't help but feel awkward. I don't know why. Then again, it's been more than half a year since the last volume. At this point, I'm just glad the author did not abandon his work like a lot of online writers. I won't forgive that bastard otherwise.

Miki: Arata, don't... I'm sure that he has a good reason out there. He could be caught up in a lot of extra projects now that his world has started returning to normal. Besides, he even got an artist to start drawing us all in insert art. How can he abandon the project with all the resources pooled into it? But when you do fall into a slump, please do remember us, Mr. Author, okay? 

Hikari: Hi, Big Bro! Hi, Amagi!

Miki: Hi!

Kazuki: Hikari?! What are you doing here?

Hikari: Oohhh, so this is what the Refresher Course set looks like! It's so simple and plain! Buuuut... pink is my favorite color, so today's setup gets a passing grade from me. Please add more cute decorations to the set next time.

Kazuki: You haven't answered my question yet.

Hikari: Oh, right. I got called here because I heard that I will have a big role this volume. It's going to be us and Sana taking the spotlight for the very first time! Now to get my poses ready and to find the cutest and coolest accents to use.

Kazuki: Finally taking center stage, huh? I'm so proud of you, Hikari.

Hikari: I also got a copy of the script already, and it's going to be one dramatic volume. We will learn more about Sana's family life, her true feelings, and how she'll develop a firm type of courage. Oh, and we'll be having a family trip with--

Kazuki: Careful not to spoil too much details.

Hikari: Oh, and we'll be bringing Sana in as a family member! 

Kazuki: Wait, I wasn't told about that!

Miki: It's in the synopsis, though.

Kazuki: Yeah, but I didn't think it would get to the point of pretending to be her brother.

Hikari: Aren't you interested in knowing about all the fun we had at Samsara last volume? I still find it hard to believe that Maria can afford all that. Amazing food, a movie, a tour inside the complex... If only that accident didn't happen. You bet I was so worried then. I knew you'd get yourself in trouble one way or another. That's just the Big Bro I've always known.

Kazuki: That's rather... unflattering. Either way, if you guys want to know more about our side of things, the story detailing the first contact between people and Mu, the incident at the science expo, and some more development into my past, make sure to go and check out volume 5. Got it? Good.

Hikari: As for me, I'll be going back to do the last preparations. I'm so excited! Oh, and you'll also play a small but important part, Amagi.

Amagi: Me?

Hikari: Yes! Big Bro will be visiting you at your house, and he'll get to meet-- 

Kazuki: No more spoilers! Let's get going and get the show on the road!