Diesel 10's night to remember

diesel 10 is one of sir topham hats more, interesting engines. before he arrived on sodor, he worked on the other railway as an express engine. when the other railway wanted to scrap him, he found a new home, but not a better one. p.t boomer, an old rival of sir topham, found diesel 10. he gave him a large claw powered by his engine, called pinchy. he sent diesel 10, & two other diesels to sodor on trial, & told them to cause as much trouble as possible. soon, sir topham found out about this, & boomer was arrested by the police. sir topham saw that boomer's diesels were troubled & conflicted, & so he gave them a proper trial. the steam engines were weary at first, but now accept them as part of the fleet. diesel 10 finally felt happy after many years. however, his pre sodor life had left a chip on his buffers, & he, like many other engines, hoped he'd never have to venture over the vicarstown bridge again. unfortunately, that was not to be.

it was a glorious summer morning on the island, & all the engines of sodor were working hard, or getting ready to do so. diesel 10 was a knapford sheds, when he saw a familiar large man strolling towards him.

"good morning sir." he greeted

"good mourning diesel 10." the stout gentleman replied. "I have a verry important job for you, after you've finished the resto you're work today.

diesel 10 listened

"I need you to head a goods train to a small station called woverswood, on the mainland."

diesel 10 felt

"th-the mainland, sir?" he said, unsure.

"indeed. is there a problem?" the fat controller

"oh, no sir. it will be done." diesel 10 replied

the fat controller smiled. ne knew diesel 10's views on returning, & had partially expected to be turned down. but, he knew diesel 10 didn't like the idea of disappointing him. sir topham was concerned that this may cause a problem or disagreement in the future, but for now, he was pleased with his engines commitment, and walk away.

diesel 10 went around the island doing his usual work. fast passengers, goods trains, & lineside cleaning. at first, he was confident in his decision, but, as the day when on, he felt uncertainty in his cooling system. 3 hours after lunchtime, diesel 10 arrived at the harbor with a goods train.

"well, well, well, 10 outa 10 has appeared."

diesel 10 looked over to the adjacent line. on it was Donald, one of the Scottish twins . he & the twins had a rocky relationship, mainly due to the twins escape from the Scottish region, when Donald had smuggled his twin, Douglas, to sodor. diesel 10 had given the grief when he'd first arrived. he'd apologized since, but the twins still didn't see eye to eye with the large diesel, witch usually lead to teasing. Donald knew when to stop, however, & did when he saw diesel 10's uncertain look.

Woh, what wrong, big lad?"

diesel 10 explained.

Donald chuckled. "och, dinne fuss yourself, a big diesel like you, the other railway is no worry."

"you seem to forget, Douglas, they tried to have me scrapped, just like with Douglas & Oliver."

"true." agreed Douglas. "but the diesels should see you as one of them."

"if you say so, Donald." said diesel 10, unconvinced.

" said diesel 10, unconvinced