Chapter 2: The New Kid

Like always, every morning I would get up, get dressed, do the rest of my homework if I didn't finish, go down to breakfast, brush my teeth, then I would get on the bus when it arrived. Thomas always sat a seat or two in front of me with his friends. I was his big sister and he always wanted to make sure I was okay. So when we got off the bus, he went to go play with his friends, and I always went to my original spot by the classroom. I saw some of the oldest kids in the school, the eighth graders, picking on Thomas. I may have been small but I didn't allow it, so I went up to them and started talking sense into them. They started to laugh. Then after they got done picking on some of the kids. They went to their spot by the bathroom, the only way to use the bathroom was to pay a dollar to the bully. No one ever paid a dollar, so no one ever used the restroom. When the bell rang, all the kids shuffled into their classroom. I was a always one of the first people to do so. When everyone sat down in their seats, the teacher was about to start, she was already writing on the chalk board. Then, the principle came in, but not by himself, he brought a new kid in. The principle, introduced him as Jessie. Since there were no more seats at the time, that day Jessie had to sit in the teacher's chair and desk. He was a shy kid, and a loner, from the looks at it, I knew that Jessie would be new bate for the bullies. He had quite a personality. He looked geeky. And it kind of looked like he was annoyed by everyone around him, and he had really weird clothing on. When the bell rang for recess, he was by the door all alone, as I went to go sit on a bench. Other bullies in our class tried to bully him, and push him down, but it didn't work. He used the same strategy as me, confuse them or use reverse pshycology. They started to get tired of being confused about ten minutes later, so they pushed him to the ground and left. The bell rang forty minutes later, and everyone went back into their classrooms. You could tell that Jessie was open minded and didn't care what people thought of him. At that point I wanted to be like that, I would stand up for me and Thomas but I wouldn't for looking for trouble. As soon as the bell rang everyone sprang from their seats and ran out. Then I packed up and left. I went to the bus and I sat down behind Thomas. Then Jessie got on and came and sat next to me. I was a little annoyed by it but didn't say anything. I did ask if I could have the outer part of the seat. He kept on trying to talk to me along the way, but I just ignored it. After the bus stopped me and Thomas got off. We were starting to walk as the bus stopped again, and let Jessie off. When he caught up to us, he told us that he just moved into that white house by the trees, and open land. We split ways and he went home, and I went home. I went home and found that my brothers were fighting over the TV again, and everything was the same, so I went up to my room, and stayed there drawing.