Turn of events

The battle continues to rage on as the two strangers kept their eyes locked on each other in the heat of combat.

"Bobby use razor leaf!
"Turk use headbutt!"
As the bulbasaur rushed a flurry of leaves at the turtwig tanking the damage given to it running fast enough to give bulbasaur a powerful headbutt making it faint, fainting in the process.

"You lost!"
"Did not! yours fainted too!"
"Well you just got lucky!"
They glared at each other gritting their teeth until the boy looked to his left and saw the crowd of the daycare watching them and an idea formed his head a way to settle this battle.
"How about we use one of those daycare Pokémon to settle our battle?" He said as he pointed to the crowd

The girl looked at him pondering this idea "alright that sounds fair" she said as she looked through the crowd of Pokémon and picked up a sandile lying in the sand "I choose this Pokémon"

The boy started looking through the crowd his eyes scanning every Pokémon until he saw one he liked and reached for it "I choose- ow!" He cried as he retracted his hand from the ralts he was about to choose and saw that the gible biting his hand "gible!" He called though his voice was muffled by the hoy's hand "you look strong" he said as he started to pry gible from his hand "I choose this Pokémon!"

They placed the Pokémon they chose on the battlefield and told them to fight. They didn't know how to do it just consisted of them flailing their arms at each other. The boy looked at this before deciding to go back and grab the ralts, the Pokémon he really wanted to bring to the fight.

Gible saw this and bit at sandile's tail before struggling to toss it away exerting all of its strength but in the end causing sandile to faint.
The boy celebrated his victory as the gible walked over to the sandile and patted it on its head as if apologizing for the fight and rushed back to his friend to try to comfort her.
He made it to her and gave her a hug before suddenly everything went black. When he awoke he was in a hotel room "GIBBLE!" He screamed as he frantically searched for his friend unable to find her in this new place he sat in a corner as tears ran down his face.

"Aw man, I caught the wrong one!" The boy said as he went to pick up his Pokéball "I only have this one too" he looked at the ralts once last time "I'll come back for you later" he thought to himself as he eyed the ralts who was in a state of shock and walked away into the sunset away from the daycare.