NETFLIX SHOULD DO BETTER

- This is very random, but I felt like I needed to say this and I also just wanted to rant a bit -

Netflix recently cancel a show called "First Kill" after only one season and two months of it even being out. If you don't know, "First Kill" is basically Romeo and Juliet meets vampires and hunters and lesbians. I will say that the show was good, but it did lack some things and I was hoping a season 2 would've had all the things season 1 lacked.

"First Kill" is the only wlw leading Netflix Original that I know of. There's many shows that have wlw couples but they're always side couples that gets spotlight every now and then. But there is at least 2 Netflix Originals that have mlm leading couple. Those shows being "Heartstopper" and "Young Royals", both of which I love.

(Let's not forget that "First Kill" has a poc wlw leading character) 

I wanna talk about how the only wlw leading shows on Netflix that I know of, got canceled two months after the first season got released when it did really well. But both mlm leading shows on Netflix that I know of got renewed for more season (season 2 of Young Royals is even coming out in November).

I also want to mention something I noticed from watching all three shows, both "Heartstopper" and "Young Royals" seem like they had much better writing, acting and budget than "First Kill" did. (Not saying the acting was horrible in First Kill, the actors all did great with what they were given but there was a few scenes that were just not that good)

It seemed like they really didn't care all that much for "First Kill" and that it was only aimed at being a quick little cash grab that they were never actually planning on continuing. And as one of the first wlw leading shows I've seen, that's really sad to me.
    (Heartstopper can kind of get a pass because the original author works on the show so it's automatically gonna have good writing)

I've seen so many people and companies say thing like "all sexualities deserve to represented" and so many people give entertainment platforms  like Netflix praise for "being *a little* diverse by including LGBT" but they mainly focus on mlm romance.

And a big part of that plays into the fact that a very concerning amount of straight women have a weird obsession with mlm romance. And at the same time, a lot of those women kinda act threatened by wlw couples or just simply have zero care for them.

Let's also not forget the fact that a lot of wlw leading shows or movies will get massively shitted on by gross straight cis men who are mad they didn't get to see a girl on girl sex scene.

There needs to be more shows or movies that focus on wlw leading couples, or non-binary/gender fluid/trans leading character, asexual leading character, lgbt poc leading characters. And they can't just be made to be a quick little cash grab, they need to have good writing, they need a good budget, they need good actors that have chemistry.

And I'm gonna use this as a promise to people wants the same things as me, that I will be making my own originals books that have the things I want to see. Now obviously I can't promise that you'll be able to watch them because I don't have that power nor do I know the first thing about being able to write a show, but I will promise that you'll be able to read them at some point.

I'm also just sick and tired of Netflix canceling good shows after only one season. But theres shows like Riverdale that's still going on even though its strayed so far away from its original plot and Netflix promotes it so much when it isn't even a Netflix Original.