Chapter 5

*NOT EDITED*

Sometimes I really do hate college and find no point in it but then I remember why I'm here

What sucks the most is studying because I don't think my brain can handle it. I look up from my books and lean back in my chair.

"Your done studying?" Brayden asks from beside me.

"Just giving my brain a break."

We're in the library. I find that I can study better when I'm in a quiet place such as a library. I could study at the apartment but Katherine plays music when she studies and she's there now with Rohan.

When I look over to Brayden, he's watching something for one of his classes.

After a bit of a break I get back to studying but when I go looking for a different Education book and realize I forgot it. I blow out a breath and stand up. Brayden's still focused on the screen when I walk over to one of the shelves.

I'm running my finder over the spines of the books, looking at the titles when I feel my phone vibrate.

Mom: Call me when you get the chance.

I furrow my brows.

I get the book and head back to where me and Brayden are studying. When I near I see Brayden's on his phone but when he hears me he puts his phone down.

I just ignore it but I can hear that voice in my head saying he's cheating but I have no proof. If I were practical and left my feelings out of it I'd demand answer but there's the main 'what if'; he's not cheating, and me demanding answers will back fire and he breaks up with me.

We study for the next hour before Brayden has to leave and go to work and I go to my car. I call my mom before I drive because I get distracted if I talk on the phone while driving.

"Hey mom," I say when she answers.

"Lexi, how are you?"

"I'm good, how's Princeton?"

"As you'd expect. Anyhow I called because you forgot a few things at my place when you stayed here."

I furrow my brows, "What'd I forget?"

"Uh, let me check, some kind of studying books, 2 of them. Your curler and some running shoes."

Shit that's where my curler is, I used Kat's this morning. "Okay, can you mail them?"

"No, I'll just take them with me when I go visit."

I sputter. "Visit? Why are you visiting?"

"The dean invited me to teach a seminar on science, I accepted."

"How long will you be here?"

"Just a couple days, a week at most. I'm going to stay in a hotel."

"No, Mom, you can stay with me and Kat, she'll be excited to see you."

Mom laughs, "Okay, honey. See you in a few days. I love you."

I start my car, "Love you too." I hang up and drive home.

When I get to the apartment, as I said, Katherine is blasting music, 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' by Bonnie Tyler.

I drop my bag in my room and walk to Kat's room, "Hey." I say as greeting.

Kat's and Rohan's head pop up, Kat turns down the music, "Hey, Lex. What's up."

"My mom's coming to town, I invited her to stay here. That okay?"

Kat smiles, "Of course it it. Why is she coming?"

I shrug, "Some kind of seminar."

Rohan nods, "Yeah, Chase said something about wanting to go." He smirks.

I just roll my eyes and walk back into my room to get ready to go to the gym.