Kaeya x Gen.Neutral!reader

The reader is gender neutral as it says in the title of the chapter, enjoy reading it it's my first story ever, so the quality might not be the best in terms of storytelling, I'm sorry if you find this really 'cliché' or something.◝(⁰▿⁰)◜

✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷

You were currently roaming peacefuly and quite bored, it was a sunny day in the city of Mondstadt, around 1:00pm.

At this time of the day you were feeling a bit hungry since it was already time to eat but brushed it off thinking you'd just go and have a meal when you'll feel really hungry.. it's better to enjoy a meal when you're really hungry, you'll have more appreciation towards the blessing that is food (..of the good hunter), and perhaps something can even happen in the meanwhile.

Nothing exciting was really happening right now, no hilichurls or slime coming near Mondstadt.. not even a single criminal. Well, it does shows that the knights of Favonius actually does a nice job in protecting everyone.

That's because of this boredom that you decided to look for familiar faces, perhaps you could encouter Aether, Bennett, Amber or even Jean !

After walking for what it looked like an eternity, you caught a glimpse of a tall blue haired man with an outfit that you could actually recognize from miles away, the so called "top candidate for grandson-in-law" :
Kaeya Alberich.

Sure, it wasn't the night, but the most obvious place to find him is of course the tavern as always, you saw him talking a little bit with the people sitting at the outdoor tables to just then immediately enter the building.
You decided to try and talk to Kaeya, while hopping that you actually won't disturb him in the middle of something and entered the tavern.

The confident man wasn't really hard to find, after all, he stood out heavily among all the people currently here. He only had one glass of wine that he hadn't even started to drink yet, he also wasn't with anyone at the moment which was quite surprising.

You got all the courage you could afford to gather, and cheerfully greeted him while coming at the table he was sitting at :
"Hello Kaeya! How are you today !"
You and him actually are quite close, you could say that you'd be friends, or more.. but definitely more than aquaintances, if only you could actually be more than a simple platonic friendship.

While greeting him, you just sat in a chair that was on the same table as Kaeya's. He responded to you with a little smile : "Hello (Y/N), I..am currently doing fine here now that you've talked to me.. How are you currently doing ?"

Here was what you had to endure when you were hanging out with him, lines that would often confuse you or perhaps give you the wrong ideas. It was quite hard to tell if he was sometimes serious or not due to his usual confident and joking nature.

You just went on with the conversation, not minding what he said a lot
-"I am doing very good ! I am incredibly delighted that my wonderful presence lights your whole existence dear cavalry captain~." Okay, that response may have made a fool out of yourself, but it still eventually got a chuckle out of Kaeya, so it was a win.

You both ended up talking about your week, also gossiping about things that you've heard or saw while sipping a drink, but this eventually had to stop when you were called back to reality with the grumbling of your stomach who just wanted some good food, earning you a little sentence from the man in front of you :

"Oh?.. If you're that hungry, you should've said so, I can invite you right now to the good hunter if you don't mind."
Why would you mind or refuse an invitation from him ?
You'll hang out with the person you love while eating for free, of course you'd say yes !

"I don't mind at all Kaeya ! I'll actually gladly accept you proposing. Shall we go now?"
And with that, you finally stepped out of the tavern after finishing your drinks, heading happily at your destination to enjoy a nice meal.

You were both now with Sara, in front of the counter ordering what you wanted, Kaeya choosed to go with the basic 'Sticky Honey Roast' while you just went with [choose the meal you want].

You both went to sat at a table waiting for your meals silently, enjoying each other's company to just suddenly have the Cavalry captain talking :
"So (Y/N), would you perhaps like to take a stroll with me in the wild after finishing our meals.?"

And... That is, what you both ended up doing after eating. You were feeling quite awkward  but couldn't help it, you weren't extremely flushed or something, which was good since there wasn't any reason to be like that.

You just kept admiring the wonderful man near you, who actually did the same when you weren't looking. The only difference was that he was actually discreet about it but you? You weren't. Some hours had passed so it was now, night.

The sky was full of stars with the cold wind brushing gently against your skin, bringing out also the sound of the night species living in the dark or the leaves, flowers, bushes and more, moving with the help of the wind.

At one point you both had a wonderfull view from the top of the mountain with a magical view of shooting stars in the sky, you then quickly told Kaeya while wishing on the stars that your life would go well to not waste time:
"Hey! Make a wish ! Fast !"

"Well, my dear...would you perhaps realize one of my wish for me and light up my whole existence even more by accepting my romantic feelings ? You said you were delighted to do so either way."

✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷✷

yep, I wrote this from 4-5am to 7am so i'm dead and I finally passed the time by writing this, I can sleep, goodnight everyone!! ( ╹▽╹ )