Lost thoughts

Alex fell before me wailing in agony. A man stepped toward me. I couldn't see his face as he was wearing a mask. That's when my ears felt like they were gonna explode. Bullets ran throughout the building. That's when the man grabbed me. Pulling me to somewhere unknown. I screamed trying to get away but it was no use.

He carried me bridal style. Well, as bridal style as it could get. Considering my hands were cuffed together. His heavy urgent steps thudded throughout the building. I closed my eyes waiting for a bullet to hit me. But not one did. I and the man were right in front of the exit door ready to walk out. Before I heard someone shout.

I notice it was one of the women Alex had with him. She pointed a gun at us while gasping for a breath. The man threw me out the door. My body collided with that cold hard pavement.  Tears streamed down my face. I couldn't call the cops, as all the recklessness left me phone-less. I stumbled trying to get away. My legs felt like mush and I could barely hear. All the noise in the world is being replaced by ringing.

I was in such bad condition I didn't even hear the man behind me. He swooped me up running to a car. I could tell he was hurt with every stride he limped.

He threw me in and then ran to the other side. For some reason, I froze I didn't fight I just sat there in a sweat. He turned on the car pressing the gas hastily. I opened my lips to ask questions. But the man took off his mask. "What the hell is going on you fucking crazy person!" It was Damon!

"Shut up. Can't you see I got shot?" My face ran hot. I was also confused. After three months I'm finally meet one of these fuckers again and it's because of a a shoot out?! "Well drive to the hospital! I couldn't give a damn."

"What do you think I'm doing?" He shouted back at me.

                               •••••••••

My mind searched for answers. And ended up making more questions. I sat in a hospital room staring at Damon. He was slumped in a bed slightly holding his side. "I called my brother." He turned to me before groaning in pain. "Ok." My heart raced. I haven't talked to Cecilio since the day he fired me. Not to mention he's ignored every message and call I've sent.

After a few more minutes of Damon complaining about the bed and food, I heard a knock on the door. "Come in," Damon mumbled. "You have a visitor." The nurse opened the door. Behide her was a face I missed seeing

I turned my head not wanting to draw attention to myself. But it was futile, he walked right towards me. "Ziress.." His voice was practically angelic. I glanced up at him. He looked as sexy as before. I stood up stretching my hand out.

"Hey.." I mumbled. He analyzed my hand for a second. Just to pass it and hug me. I let out a gasp but soon hugged him back. "Cecilio please, what is going on?!" Tears slowly dripped down my face. "I'll tell you everything just sit down."

We hugged each other for an entirety until we finally sat down.

"Yes. I did get shot. Just in case you wanted to know dear older brother." Damon scoffed. "I apologize and I hope you recover." Cecilio laughed causing Damon to roll his eyes.

"So?" I asked playing with my fingers. "Well, it's complicated." For the first time ever, it seemed like Cecilio was nervous? "What happened was our family was supposed to move back to Italy where our father lives. But his decisive ass didn't know if he wanted to bring you or not. When we got news Alex was back around he made his final decision to take you." Damon blurted leaving Cecilio's mouth gaped.

"I can speak for myself. Lay back down, didn't you get shot?" Cecilio snapped, and Damon turned over mumbling. "How'd you know Alex was at my Job? You blocked me. And why do you guys have to move back to Italy?"