Charity match •Millie Bright•

Y/N POV

Despite me never playing football at a professional level, my love for the game was always apparent to those around me. That's why I worked my ass off to get the job I had today.

Last year, I was lucky enough to get the position of the opposition analysis, for the Chelsea FC senior men's team. I had worked with the academy teams since I was 17, alongside their official opposition analysis; learning the ropes to the job and the things I should be paying attention for when scoping out the opposing team.

I had soon become one of their greatest assets, if I do say so myself. I would spend hours and hours watching videos of our upcoming opponents; their previous games, training videos and even interviews - all to make sure I had covered every possible Avenue to find any weaknesses in their teams. And it had paid off. We had begun to win almost every game, as we had prepared accordingly to the team we were going against; even finding weakness and opening spots during the actual game, sharing further tactics at half time.

My work for the youth teams, was then scouted by the Men's senior team. Their manager at the time - Thomas Tuchel, had expressed his appreciation for my work, acknowledging my talent of picking out fine details and my overall knowledge of the game. It wasn't long after that, that I was offered a job with his team.

A year on, I was an important part of the manager and coaching team, but I often found myself missing being out on the pitch myself. After a slight injury to my shoulder, as a goalkeeper, I was too afraid to carry on. Scared to feel the pain race through by body, the way it did that day. So I pulled out, and tried to fulfill my love for the sport in another way.

Yet when I was approached to be involved in the Chelsea Foundation's charity match, I couldn't miss the opportunity. It was a chance to be involved in the game again, but to also raise money and awareness of how sport and exercise can provide more than just fitness for people and children.

I was chosen alongside different sports personalities, such as presenters, football influencers and other members off female staff. We were then given the opportunity to train with the Chelsea women's team, and the air had left my lungs. The excitement pulsed through my body at the thought of being around a team that I spent my weekends watching and supporting - when I wasn't helping the men's team.

Walking into Cobham, the excitement was bubbling inside of me, as me and the rest of the girls, walked into the gym, already prepared to test our fitness and go over the basic rules of the sport - there was only so much we could learn in a few hours before the game tomorrow.

We separated into small groups, to work on different elements before rotating round the gym. Myself and a girl called Zoe, who was a sports reporter, headed over to the Smith machine to do weighted squats. As we walked over we were greeted by Millie Bright and Sam Kerr.

"Hi girls, you ready to work them legs?" Millie came through with her bubbly energy and shining smile. Zoe and I glanced at each other nervously as the other two women laughed at our apprehensiveness.

"Right, you're simply going to do, 3 sets of 10 reps; a simple break in between before continuing."  I was slightly worried about the pressure being added to my shoulder, but knew I had to get over the fear, as it had been years since my injury.

Zoe stepped up to go first, Sam instructing her on each step and what to do, with the right technique. I tried to focused on what Sam was telling her to do, so when it had come to my turn, I didn't embarrass myself. But from the corner of my eye, I could see Millie glancing at me every so often; each time, she would rake her eyes from my head and down my body, before returning to look at me face. Whilst still avoiding looking at the blonde, I turned my head slightly in hopes of hiding the blush that was forming on my cheeks.