Finally Loved •Rachel Daly•

Y/N's POV

Panting, we both fell against the mattress. Beads of sweat glistening on our naked skin. Our heavy breathes being the only thing that could be heard through my bedroom.

"That never gets old". Rachel breaks the silence. I can't help but laugh at the blonde as she announces this. Despite the intimate moments we share every so often, she's still my best friend that makes me laugh at the worst times.

"I'm glad you still find it pleasurable". I say, with a smug smile on my lips, knowing she definitely does.

"Y/N, you certainly know how to please a woman that's for sure". Rach replies with a wink.

Rachel and I had this ongoing friends with benefits relationship going on. Ever since her past two relationships, with Kristie Mewis and Millie Turner, both ending in Rachel being completely heartbroken, we found physical comfort in each other, because we were best friends as well. So we trusted each other when it come to something so intimate, and she deserved to be worshipped.

Rachel has a heart of gold, always putting others before herself and making sure everyone else was happy before she was, which was one of the reasons for the downfall of her relationships. And as her best friend it hurt to see her not getting treated like she deserved to be.

No one knows about out rendezvous apart from Millie Bright. We were like the three musketeers, so we never kept a secret from her. And a first she didn't like the idea, because if things went wrong, she was stuck in the middle. But after it had happened a few times, mine and Rachel's friendship only grew stronger. Because she trusted me just as much as I did her, to see her in some of her lost vulnerable states.

Rachel and I, continued to lay in bed a little while longer, just enjoying the silence. Knowing we didn't need to talk, to feel heard when it come to the two of us. We knew how each other felt. Like right now, I knew she was overthinking. Her head was tilted slightly, focusing on the trees swaying outside the window, whilst she mindlessly drew shapes on my bare back.

"Penny for your thoughts?" The sound of my voice broke the silence, as Rachel's chest rose as she took a deep breath, before turning to look in my eyes, with a disheartened smile on her lips. She rolled over so that she was cuddled into me, our chests pressed together as our hearts beat in sync. Her head tucked between my collar and Jaw.

"I think I give up on trying to find love". My heart broke for her the minute the words left her mouth, but I stayed silent to let her continue, whilst brushing my hands through her slightly tangled hair.

"I can never find anyone who's willing to love me the way I love them. Is it too much to ask? Like, every relationship starts almost ideally, exactly how I dream it would go, but then it seems as though they all get bored of me".

I could hear the emotion in her voice, as there was a slight crack towards the end of her sentence, the same way there was a crack in my heart as I pulled her closer to me, wanting to show her that she's loved so much more than she would ever know.

"Rachel, love shouldn't be hard, and it shouldn't be something you have to ask for. You just haven't found your person, and when you do, all of this heart ache will be a thing of the past"  She whispered a small thank you into my neck before hugging me tighter.

Laying there made me realize, that maybe I could be her person. It was a nerve wracking thought as these feelings seemed to knock the breath out of me all of a sudden, as I realized hearing her talk about wanting to be loved, made me want to be the one to love her. But the emotions became too much for me all of a sudden as my body went stiff with fear of these sudden feelings towards the blonde in my arms. Tears began to cloud my eyes and a shaky breath escaped my lips.