Post-Game Dares •Leah Williamson• Pt.1

Leah's POV

"Right ladies, post-game dares!" Rachel announces.

Somehow, during our time at the England camp, we came up with the tradition of creating dares for some of the girls after each match to bring some energy and interact with fans after the game. Let's just say, you were unlucky if Daly and Bright were choosing the dares.

"Meado! If you score, two goals or more, your dare is to keep your eyes closed when doing a post-match interview"

A chuckle escaped my lips as the girls teased Beth as she complains about how embarrassing it was going to be, knowing it was likely she would score two or more times during the game against the Scottish National team. Yet my time of laughing about Beth's misfortune come to a very quick end when Rachel called out my name.

"Don't know what you're laughing at Williamson. Let's see, what should your dare be..." Suddenly, my fingernails become very interesting as I avoided eye contact with the Dash player, trying not to give her any ideas.

"Leah, your dare is to Kiss a fan of your choice if we win the game against Scotland"

It took less than 5 seconds for the team to burst into laughter as I sat with my eyes wide open. The girls had been trying to set me up on a date for the longest time and I guess this was their final pick to get me to make a move. Their laughter continued as they knew we were more than likely going to win against our national neighbours, meaning at the end of the 90 minutes, I would be kissing a fan.

Before I could even attempt to beg for a change in the dare, Sarina walked into the changing room to give us a pre-match speech. Despite this game only being a friendly, Sarina liked to boost our morale and energy.

"Ladies, no doubt you all work hard both on and off the pitch, and I want this to continue into every game we have, whether it's in training, a friendly or a tournament game. I want all efforts at all times, no slacking, because the stronger we are, the better we will be. Stronger as a team, as a nation and most of all as a family. I also want you to go out there and have fun, playing the game, scoring some goals, defending others and cheering each other on. Go out there and show the nation why you're on this team!"

We all huddled together and hands in the middle as Lucy hailed "Team on three"

"1,

2,

3...

TEAM!"

Y/N's POV

Walking into the stadium was a thrill as always, watching the die-hard fans, rocking up in England and Scotland shirts, sporting their favourite players on the back of their tops. Young kids pulling their parents by the hand to try and get in as quickly as possible to see the large-scale pitch, even though the game wasn't starting for a little while longer. The energy of the upcoming game was enough to fill anyone with butterflies and excitement, even though it wasn't a tournament match. It was simply the love of the sport.

I was one of the ones wanting to get to my seat as quickly as possible, to just take in the atmosphere. Pulling my two best friends' hands beside me into the stadium to find our seats.

Once we had found them, we were more than happy to see that our seats were basically pitch side near the dugout of the England team. Being able to see the players walk out onto the pitch ready for the game ahead. And what an exciting game it would be.