Please don't leave me •Lucy Bronze•

Y/N POV

"Was you ever going to tell me? Or were you just going to up and leave me?"

"Of course I was going to tell you Y/n but I didn't know how, because I knew you would react like this!"

"React like what Lucy? Upset that my girlfriend signed for a football club in different country! LEAVING ME! And that she didn't think to tell me before it had been finalized so I could prepare myself for you to leave! You didn't consider me at all In any of this!" My throat was beginning to feel raw as I continued to raise my voice at my girlfriend of three years.

"This is my career, we're talking about y/n, it's the best move I can make. What did you want me to do!" Lucy matched my tone of voice, clearing becoming more agitated at the ongoing argument.

"I wanted you to let me know Lucy! So that I could support you and to prepare to support myself! I could've planned on how I would feel about you going, so that we could talk about making this work long distance! That's what I wanted." Lucy simply looked at me, as if she was looking through me. I felt as though I had already lost her, before she had even left the country. My voice began to crack, as I continued my pleas.

"Please don't leave me like this Lucy" At this point, my tears had made themselves known upon my cheeks.

"I'm sorry y/n" I shook my head at her words, cutting her off from continuing. I couldn't hear how she was sorry, when the damage had already been done. I thought our relationship was worth more than just a last minute confession of her moving.

I lifted myself off the couch, keeping my eyes on the floor, as I walked up to our once shared bedroom. Falling onto the bed, I embraced the smell that she left on her pillow. My heart contracting knowing, that soon, her smell would be a distant memory. One that I don't know if I'd ever experience again, because I didn't know if we could get past this; if I could survive a long distance relationship when she couldn't even consider our relationship in her life.

I tried to figure out some reasons as to why she wouldn't involve me in this decision. I would've made adjustments to approach her career decision. Although I couldn't move with her, due to my final year of university, I would've made every possible free time, a chance to fly over and see her. But if we were in the opposite positions, would she do the same for me?

As I began drifting off to sleep, I felt the edge of the bed dip, as Lucy got in next to me. I felt her pull me against her chest, her shaky breaths could be felt through the vibrations echoing onto my own body. I pretended to be fully asleep as she did this and as much as I wanted to push her away in anger, I knew this was the last night I would be in her arms. I don't know what the future held for us.

Waking up the next morning was torture, the coldness of the empty space next to me was evident. A lone piece of paper sat on top of her pillow, immediately coaxing the tears from my eyes, as I realized she had gone.

I sat up against the headboard of the bed, taking a deep breath before taking some time to read the letter she had left me. Was that all this was worth? Ending the 3 year relationship through a letter. She didn't even have the decency to wake me up to say goodbye.

Y/N

The only thing that I genuinely know what to say is... I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. This wasn't how I wanted this to go. I guess I just got caught up on the excitement, but I should've been sharing that excitement with you, and nothing I say, will ever express how sorry I am.

I know you thinking why I didn't say goodbye. But if I said those words, it would make it real. And I wanted to give you space. I had obviously caused you so much pain and hurt, but I wanted to give you time to heal before you decided what happens with us. The ball is completely in your court, but just know, I want you. I'm always going to want you, and I'm not ready to let this end, but I know that I've lost the right to make that decision.

I love you Y/n y/ln. so much.

Forever your Lucy
Xx

Tears flowed freely down my face, as the hole in my heart grew. I knew I wanted Lucy forever, but I knew this pain wouldn't leave so easy.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

(827 words)

A shorter Lucy one!

But I didn't to drag it on too much and make it bad. I think I like where I stopped it, leaving room for a possible part 2 in the future 👀

NOT EDITED!

QOTC:
Are we all excited for the WSL to start back up after the short international break?

I can't wait, missed having something watch whilst I was in work 😂

Up next: I've got your back •Mary Earps• (requested)

Stay safe and enjoy reading

G x