Only fuckin chapter

A/N-
While I was not triggered while writing it (a surprise, really), it could be potentially triggering for you! While it is not the most graphic self harm scene to ever be written, keep in mind your own boundaries. Don't hurt yourself over this, please.

If you do make it past that specific part of the fic, there is some wonderful communication and fluff at the end, because I can't write angst without fluff.

I feel like I should add background information on the history of the characters but I'm lazy dkrbdiden

All that finally being said, enjoy the story!

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

--
Ashe was not human.

No, she was born a siren, a mesmerizing being who lured sailors to their death using their voices, eating the drowned corpses that remained.

Or, if the sailor was really unlucky, eating them alive.

Ashe herself, though, did not like it. She didn't like the idea of ending another beings life, much less ending a beings life to eat them.

Her boyfriend, Dallas Ead, Captain of the Golden Bell, did not like it either.

Now, don't get it wrong. Dallas loved Ashe and Ashe loved Dallas. But Ashe knew, she knew with all her heart and head and body that Dallas would never fully trust her the way he trusted anyone else.

It wasn't her specifically. No, it was more the species as a whole. Something about nearly being killed by a creature many times simply makes it hard to trust the odd one out.

She supposes, though, that that is how she ended up here.

--

They had docked back in the city for a while, the crew having to resupply as well as visit loved ones and whatnot.

"Home sweet home, huh, Ashe?" Levyn chuckled, elbowing Ashe gently in the arm once they were securely anchored to the docks.

"They say home is where the heart is," Ashe started, and Levyn already opened their mouth to groan. "I suppose that makes my home the ship."

"Stop being cheesy for five goddamn minutes, jeez," They weren't serious in her complaints, a light undertone of happiness under it. "Although, by that logic, I guess my home is where the taverns are."

Ashe made a face. "That's so unhealthy."

"Whiskey, my one true love," Levyn made a dramatic pose, leaning against Ashe.

"Val will find that problematic," Ashe murmured, grin present.

"Now, don't get me started on vodka- Oi, keep her out of this. What she doesn't know won't kill her," Levyn frowned.

"What don't I know?" Oh, speak of the devil. Val has seemingly appeared out of nowhere (although she was most likely in the crowd, just now able to push to the front.)

Levyn turned red immediately. "Uh," She said smartly. "How much I love you?"

Ashe snickered. "Good luck with your girl problems, Lev," She started over to another part of the docks, never really socially allowed to visit any other part of town.

Everyone in the city knew who and what Ashe was. As a seaside town, everyone knew about the deadly siren, the menace of the sea, a danger to the sailors.

Not a good presence to have.

She wandered around the more secluded part of the docks, near where the poorer fishermen tended to anchor, but she had never actually seen anyone there.