In Disguise

There was once a little girl. Her name, was Ofelia. The beautiful young girl loved fairy tales very much. She spent her days reading books. Her mother was very skeptical of the fact that she was filling her mind with nonsense.

She had known little about her father. He was a tailor. After he had died, her mother took over the shop. She spent most of her time there tailoring uniforms for the captain. One day the mother had met the stoic captain in person.

They had created a relationship, one that Ofelia disliked very much. He had then impregnated her mother. This man was a cruel man, One that Ofelia would never consider a father. Since the last month of Ofelia's mothers pregnancy was rapidly happening they had both been told to pack and move with the captain and the troops. Ofelia was in the car and her mother had told Ofelia to tell the driver to stop. For the pregnancy nausea had returned.

Ofelia exited the car and viewed her new surroundings. She had found a rock. The shape of an eye. She had then found a sculpture of a faun that had a missing piece. She had put in the eye. She heard a clicking noise inside of the satyrs mouth. Suddenly a fairy emerges. The fairy looked different however. Different from what she had read in her books. The fairy looked like an insect. As if it were a praying mantis and a stick bug in one. Disguising itself from the mundane world.

Ofelia's mother then calls her. "Ofelia, come here please. We must get back in the carriage. The captain is waiting. " she said. "But Mama, I saw a fairy!"

"Ofelia there is no such thing. And oh my! Look at your shoes! They are so filthy. Come on, in the car. " Her mother scolds her.

"And Ofelia, be polite to the captain. And call him father. For Ofelia, it is only a word. Only a word. "

Ofelia thought deeply about this. 'No. He is not my father. My father is a tailor who passed away. This man will never be my father. ' Because to Ofelia it was not just a word. Every word has a meaning. And this one was to strong to use on a man such as Captain Vidal.

Ofelia obediently listens, but not without looking back hesitantly. Not forgetting of the fairy. She was on her way now. Her way to meet the cold-hearted captain. And she would try her best to be respectful. Her best for her mother.