Golden to Rainbow

Driving down the street, he found himself once again glad to be out of Italy and in the States. There were no more eyes on him, no more judging or comparisons. His father's shadow no longer hung over him, and with the fresh start he was given, he was able to finally make a name for himself.

"We're here boss."

The door to his Rolls Royce opened without him lifting a finger as his men opened the door and escorted him in, the other cars in his convoy discharging two teams of bodyguards that covered all angles around him. Despite their impressive height and physique, the boss was able to stand on equal footing with them, matching up to them physically.

The doors of the restaurant opened, with the incense of candles and aged wood drifting out. Inside, a young boy took his coat and hat, scuttling off to hang them in the coatroom, but not before receiving a tip. A waiter ushered him inside, leading him to a private room, and a table with the plaque holding the name "Kaneshiro".

"Your food will be served shortly."

Since he was regular, they could knew his usual diet, and whenever he had requests he always had someone phone ahead to inform them. Since there hadn't been a call, it would be the same barbecued ribs as always, the dish that he'd ordered on his very first visit here.

The waiter quickly left after confirming the menu with him, and he shooed out his guards as well, save for one particularly well-built black man with a shaved head, the suit practically straining to contain his body.

It was only few minutes after they left before the door knob turned, the gears within the lock snapping into place as the bolt slid back.

They always knocked.

The table within was already knocked over before the door even started moving, the two occupants whipping out their weapons and huddling against the solid wood as cover. The tinkling of glass and porcelain shattering intertwined as they created a small lake of shimmering debris on the ground, the candlelight flickering within a thousand faces of reflection.

Wooden creaking filled the room when the door opened, the oiled hinges making no sound. It stopped at just a crack, barely enough for a champagne flute glass to fit through.

Before either of them could fire, several sharp cracks echoed in their ears.

Their body's still moved on instinct, the barrels peeking over the cover as they pressed the trigger, but instead of the usual thunderous discharge of bullets they expected, a violet tremor rocked their arms, along with the screeching sound of metal deforming. Fortunately, their reaction times were quick as well, and their trigger fingers relaxed almost instantaneously.

"Don't bother shooting."

The door opened wide this time, sweeping aside the debris on the ground. Moving on instinct, the bodyguard raised his pistol to fire again.

*BANG*

The gun fell from his hands, torn from his grip as a bullet slammed into the end viciously, gouging a dent into the metal before wrenching it from his hands.

"Luca Kaneshiro?"

Tossing his Tommy gun to the side, Luca watched as the intruder stepped inside.

"Who're you?"

At the same time, his hand reached for the knife strapped to his back.

"I'm Gui-"

He lunged, the machete whistling as it swung in a downwards arc towards the other's face. Jumping, he sent his whole body into the air, swinging the blade downwards with his entire mass combined.