The Escapists

He raised the pen and moved towards the calendar. He marked a cross and stared at the calendar. 

Only three days

He closed his eyes and fell onto his bed. He felt the morning indolence all over his body. He squeezed himself and hugged his legs. Before he could sleep, his phone ranged, making him wake up. He pressed the button and replied in a sleepy voice, "Morning," he yawned.

"You are still sleeping?" A masculine, annoyed voice replied from the phone. Shu yawned again but instantly sat up hearing the annoyed male. He drank some water and cleared his throat to get rid of his husky, sleepy voice. 

"I am awake," Shu replied. 

"From when?" the male questioned.

"Now?" Shu replied back and instantly changed the topic, "Anyways, why did you call?"

"Come to the deck in thirty minutes. I will be waiting," With that order, the call ended. The albino grabbed his White coat and headed to the deck.

Like always, the stars were glistening in the black-pitched sky. Or it was like they were floating in this black void full of numerous glistening objects. Shu observed the space from the window. Unknown to time, unknown to the outside world. How much time has passed since he has come here?

He was so used to this scenery that now it felt like a part of his life. No matter how much darkness was behind this scenery, he couldn't help but admire the beauty.

Time passed as he reached the deck where he saw a familiar figure standing, waiting for him. He walked towards the man and was cut off when he tried to speak. "How is it going?" As expected from him.

"Everything is well," Shu answered blankly. "The last group was sent to mission two days ago. Other than that, every group is here. If you want, I can-"

"You know what I want to hear, don't you?" Norman interrupted. Shu's expression was grim as he struggled to find words. Despite the albino's uneasiness, Norman stared at him blankly. "Where is he?" Norman stated.

"He went alone, saying he has plans," Shu replied, cursing a certain someone for the awkward situation he was in right now. Norman frowned unpleasantly and patted Shu's shoulder. 

"Contact him and say I want to meet him. Right now," Norman stomped his feet and left the albino alone in the tense atmosphere. Shu worriedly looked back at the angry male. 

---

"The person you want to contact is offline. Please try again-" 

Shu angrily threw the communication devices and sighed heavily. Why wasn't he picking up? He leaned against his chair and rested his head backwards. 

"I am going to find something."

"No matter what, never let them know"

Shu opened his eyes with pure annoyance as the male's words rang in his head. "Bullshit," he scoffed. For three days, Lui Shirasagijo, who left him alone, is out of the Black Mavros. And in the end, all burden is on Shu's shoulders. 

"I don't care about him..." Shu mumbled. He hates the fact that Lui's acts affect him too. He tried his best to stay away as much as possible.

Shu thought for a second as his expression became dark. 

They parted away a long ago. Though it's not like their relationship was good or they get together well. The last time they met was three weeks ago when Lui secretly asked Shu to come and meet him. 

"I will be going out. Don't let Norman know. If he asks, tell him you know nothing." 

Shu frowned. Why would he tell Shu something like this when he wanted to keep it a secret? He could just leave without a word. But surprisingly, he didn't.