8

Later that night, I got back home and sat on my bed, reading. Suddenly, I heard a light tapping on my window, interrupting my book. I wanted to be alone at the moment after what happened today. I was hoping it was just a bird or something but I opened the window and saw a piece of paper on the outside of my windowsill.

——/•~•\——

Met me at the entrance to the forbidden forest tonight. It's important.

~Wyatt

——/•~•\——

What was this all about? I decided to get put a hoodie and joggers on, changing out of my pj's and head down there. My curiosity got the better of me.

I arrived at the entrance to the forbidden forest and I saw a figure leaning up against a tree. I was guessing that was Wyatt.

"What's so important?" I asked him trying not to sound rude.

"You are." He said bluntly before walking deeper into the forest. I assumed he wanted me to follow him so I did but kept a couple of paces behind.

"Where are we going?" I ask him.

"To the wolf den." I wondered what it would look like. Would it be hidden and basic or big and extravagant?

"Is that where you are planning to murder me?" I chuckle half heartedly.

We arrived at the entrance it looked intriguing like I needed to go in there.

"Welcome! But not to welcome." Wynter welcomed me as I was closer to the den.

Suddenly, Wynter started coughing harshly and I rushed to her side. "Are you okay?" I asked her concerned.

"My necklace is loosing its charge." Wynter told me.

"Everyday, more and more of our pack becomes sick because their moonstones loose their power." Wyatt informed me. "All of our elders are too sick to travel, which leaves..."

"Which leaves taking care of the pack to us. To me." Willa made an entrance with Addison and a pack of wolves behind her. Wait why was Addison here?

"You'll be fine, Wynter. I promise." Willa comforted her like a sister. "You'd better be right about this." Willa harshly said to Wyatt and then glanced over at Addison.

"Follow me." Willa walked into the wolf den.

Inside the den was magnificent. The whole room was filled with werewolves some young and some old.

"It's okay to be impressed." Wynter smirks at me as I look around in awe.

"Awwooooo! That's means welcome."

"Awoooooooo!" Addison tried to howl back.

"Ostrich boots?" Wynter asked her.

"Awwooooo! Wyatt" It felt natural as I howled it back to him.

"You did that perfectly." Wyatt said astonished.

"Enough. This is not why we brought them here." Willa interrupted.

"Why am I here?" Addison asked.