Chapter 1

„Ok but what if she is going to reject me like all my other crushes did, Adea", Laini looks up at her again as Adea feels jealousy crawling up her chest. Adea looks at the dark skinned girl in front of her, her eyes dark brown looking so soft like the fur of a Teddie bear, her hair in tiny curls high up in a ponytail because that is the only position her hair will not be in her face . Adea adores her, for her Laini is the prettiest girl she has ever seen but Laini will never see her like that. She would be er think of her like that and why Adea thinks. Maybe because she is not skinny enough or maybe because she is not pretty enough but she doesn't know, she just assumes because everyone is telling her exactly that and so she won't speak up against those people because they are right, they are so right.

„Adea are you still with me?" „oh yeah sorry I- I just, you know overthinking too much again", Laini looks a bit worried but continues, „So what do you think should I text her or not?" „I think you should tell her in person, it's always better to tell someone in person you know like tell her how pretty she is and that you could literally get lost in her eyes or that you want to kiss her every fucking single time she looks at me with those Teddiebear eyes an-„ Laini stares at her for a very long second „what did I say something wrong?" „No, no I just wondered, looking at YOU and with those TEDDIEBEAR eyes you know Charlie's got green eyes if not think I ever saw a Teddiebear with green eyes, do you have to tell me something Johnson?", Adea thinks for a second . She could just tell Laini, she could just tell her how she adores every single one of her sides and how she loves those little habits of hers but she doesn't because she is too afraid of what could happen if she does it. „No I just tried to feel how you feel about that girl." Laini doesn't believe any word Adea is saying but she tries to not let it show, Adea tries to change the subject and continues with „Anyways are you finally going to tell me her name because maybe she is going to be your girlfriend soon and I really wanna know who is in the mind of my best friend 24/7" „No I don't want to" „But why not it's been almost half a year now since you told me about her" „Yeah but if I'm gonna tell maybe you don't want to be my friend anymore, I'm gonna tell you soon believe me" „Ok ok let's just go on with Mario kart"

***

Laini doesn't know what she could do about her stupid crush on her best friend. She is always talking to her about "that girl" when in reality she always talks with Adea about Adea. She always hopes that there could be any sign or just the tiniest glimpse of jealousy about that "secret crush" but there is not not the tiniest little fire in her eyes or a disgusted look on her face, there is always just nothing, no emotions just a cold look but Laini still adores it.

"I got chemistry now so I have to go", she looks at Adea seeing those grass green eyes go soft as she leans in for a hug. This girl is going to be the death of her. Her touch is so soft and lovely. Her hair smells like strawberries and vanilla and she, she smells like everything and nothing at the same time. Laini is so in love with this girl she can't even think about anything other than her. "Should we met after school right here again, I have a little surprise for you?!", Adea takes her out of her thoughts "Sure I just have to tell my mom" "ok cool bye til later" "bye listen to the teachers Johnson" Laini tries to laugh of her nervousness as she walks to her class.

Chemistry is pretty boring, her teacher just lets them watch a film and Laini can't even remember the theme of it. After that she got P.E. and she hates this subject, she always wants to play football with the other ones on the field but her teacher decides everytime to just run around this damn field with the sun in their back and no shadows in sight.

And finally after a long day of school, her relief. Adea is waiting for Laini in front their school with a big picnic basket in her one hand and a blanket in the other. She guesses that this must be the surprise Adea told her about earlier.

***

As they found a good place where they can sit down, Adea put the big blanket on the floor and placed the basket on top of it.

They ate and talked about school and marvel and instruments and so much more. Once they got bored they started to play a game.

"So kiss, marry, kill Scarlett Johansson, Benedict Cumberbatch aaaaaaand hmmm I think ME" Laini stopped breathing for a second and her eyes got wider as she realises more and more what she just got told to do. „Wow it's okay don't freak out I was just making fun but seriously what would you choose if it were for real?" Laini can't talk, she is paralized as Adea leans teasingly in. She is way too close to Adea and if this is going any longer she doesn't think she could hold herself back anymore.

————————————————————————