~ 3 ~ Flirt

Ryan. My art girls presented way more of a challenge than those remedial ass research assignments and "do your best" projects. I figured I had a better chance with the texting queen than I did with the little teapot when she said showed up two weeks later with a diamond ring on her left hand.

"Who you texting all the fuckin' time?" I placed my arm in its designated place—on the back of her chair.

"None of your business. Why you flirting all the fucking time?"

"Flirting is a skill."

"Yeah? Well, I'm not single. How about that?" she said smacking her gum.

"If I cared I would've asked."

"I'm Genuine."

"I never said you wasn't."

She laughed. "That's my name, asswipe. Give me your number."

I smiled victoriously and wrote my number on her paper. Genuine made my time in art class a little less excruciating. My next class required a lot more attention since I was the one directing it. I placed a blank sheet of paper on the first desk and asked the young woman to sign the roll. The sassy brunette lifted her manicured hand. "Since when do we do attendance?"

"Since uh—" I glanced at my watch. "Now."

"What happened to the old guy?" she asked pulling her long, wavy hair over her shoulder. "He knew his stuff."

"I know stuff too."

She scribbled her name on the roll and passed it back.

"The old guy's in his office," I elaborated.

"Why?"

"Do we still need our books?"

"Is he okay?"

"How's Kevin?"

For some reason her voice cut through all the others. The girl in the front. I stared at her for a moment.

"What's your name?" another student asked.

I searched for the face of the man with the relevant question.

"What, did you forget?" The girl in the front seat again.

I could usually ignore the shit out of a pesky motherfucker but she kept tugging at me. "Do I know you?" I asked then thought better of it. "Never mind. Don't answer that."

The class laughed. She held her fist under her chin and smiled.

"I'm Mr. Pierce. I'm a student instructor for Weiss. If you need him, he's still available, but I'm a little easier to reach."

I gave the girl in the first seat one more look and hoped I'd never had sex with this girl, or embarrassed her, or blew her off 'cause she looked like the vindictive type. Maybe she would confront me about it or announce it to the class like a pop quiz.

One of the only things Weiss told me before throwing me to the wolves was hold some kind of authority or they'll mistake you for a friend. They asked me how old I was, what I was majoring in, my marital status and what I was having for dinner.

Shit, I don't know. I'm an engineering major. I'm thirty credits away from graduation and I barely have time to piss let alone eat.

Michelle. Tonya pulled out a tighter than tight golden yellow scoop neck dress and held it to my chest. "It'll look extra sexy on you since you got that tight little body."

"Tonya, I am not hurt and I do not need a band-aid."

"Try it on."

I wiggled into the slim fitting mini dress.