Lover

Submission for a writing contest on Quotev

Prompt: Someone is on a walk in the forest when they find their lover dead.

* Lyrics in italics belong to Taylor Swift

We could leave the Christmas lights up 'til January

And this is our place, we make the rules

We were perfect together. There's no doubt in my mind that if any two people on this Earth were meant for each other, it was us. The woods behind our little cottage were our woods. We walked together, hand in hand, holding each other, smiling and laughing and Loving.

Our steps and our minds in tandem, we were in equilibrium. I should have known.

And there's a dazzling haze, a mysterious way about you dear

Have I known you 20 seconds or 20 years?

I loved everything about him. His smile and his laugh and his hair and his eyes and his voice. There wasn't a thing about him I didn't like. Our Love was forever blossoming. It was like Love at first sight, except every time we saw each other we fell in Love again.

I could see the Love twinkling in his eyes that reflected mine. So why did he go?

Can I go where you go?

Can we always be this close forever and ever?

I'd follow him to the ends of the Earth. I'd follow him all the way to the edge and jump right off if it meant we could be together again. If it meant our Love would be forever.

I thought that we could brave the storm together. I thought that in our ship, if the earth tilted, that we would hold onto each other and not let go. How could I be so foolish?

And ah, take me out, and take me home

You're my, my, my, my

I stopped breathing the day he left me. When I was walking in our place. Breathing in the cool air, listening to the sounds of nature. When I saw him there, lying on the floor, the birds stopped singing. The winds stopped whispering and my pulse slowed from a thrum to a throb to a deadly silence.

I thought I could save him. It was our place, so what went wrong? Why were his lips blue and his skin cold? Why couldn't I hear him breathe?! He was my-my-my

Lover

So where no why did he go?