CHAPTER 2: "Crash meets a Brian, again?"

The others had gone their way to the castle, a location where Exetior was last seen. Crash was to keep in charge of the remaining rascals that survive, to his unlikely surprise, there's a lot he can see. Too many in fact, that he started to lose count on the surviving members. The ultimate lifeform may have anger issues, he doesn't even remember when Flame has seen him angry. Crash assumed it was because based on his type he saw in action, typical Flame.

As the ultimate lifeform decides to go check on Flame's battle axe, he begins to have memories of his past. This time, he starts to remember the past where someone like Crash holds a knife to fight off a pack of wolves in the cold winter. He can't remember who he's defending back there, before the memory could continue, he gets back to his senses, he was panting a bit after that.

Crash: This has started to annoy me.. But that memory, what was that about?

He scoffs, as he continues to take his job seriously as a rascal-sitter. He has heard about Rengoku and Palutena in conversation from the other surviving Rascals, while he has never heard of them before but what Crash can know is that these two people must be important to them.

Crash checks up on Margot and Andy if they were already, after all, Andy has no words to speak after he was revived back after dying to Nine. Margot was more scared as she doesn't want to remember what Nine has planned for her doing this painful week. Despite not knowing about Nine, it is clear he is like a threat to the Rascals if not many have survived, he knows for certain that he can handle Nine like how Flame did. He has assured them that everything will be alright.

The ultimate lifeform has also seen some strange faces in this universe, it's not like how he met the friendship gang weeks ago. Crash wished he could meet the two fallen heroes, he decided to stay his cool while this situation was happening. As such, Crash then met this guy named Hellhound!Brian, from hearing that name, could have sworn he had remembered that name before but can't access the memories of that. For some reason, he is curious about this Hellhound!Brian the more he thinks about it too much.

Crash: (It seems everyone is losing hope, it doesn't look good. I underestimate what Nine has caused them mentally. Maybe I can look out for more survivors out there, no.. it'll risk the Rascals to be a red flag)

It was hard to decide which one to pick from, then, he noticed Hellhound!Brian, who is sitting at the table where the statue is. Crash decides to take an approach on this universe of Brian.

Hellhound!Brian: Oh hey Crash, didn't see you there coming.

Crash: Hmph, clearly you should have seen it coming.

Crash sits besides the Brian, at first hand, Hellhound!Brian was saved by the Ultimate Lifeform when he escaped from Nine, he was no match for him when he tried to fight him, he was lucky to have Crash save him out there before Nine would have sent in Nomu's to attack him. Crash has to come back and save him after he has beaten up Fizzarolli and confronting the Fatal Error, he was about to fight him but didn't waste his time and went away.

Hellhound!Brian: So uhh, Crash.. Uhh, thanks for the save. I was not expecting a hedgehog to save me.

Crash: Be glad I saved you before anyone with Nine could find you.

Hellhound!Brian: Ouch, yeah, that is true.

Crash: If it wasn't for me, you would have been dead out there.

The Ultimate Lifeform remembers how he is able to sense Nine's pressure, while not as strong as General Gunnolf nor this Flame, at one point in time, he has to come face to face with Nine.

Hellhound!Brian: I have a question Crash, if you don't mind answering.

Crash: I am listening.

Hellhound!Brian: How do you.. Know my name? This is our first conversation, and yet, you spoke my name.

Crash does remember when that happened, he can't say with confidence on how he knows his name. It may have something to do with his memory or some sort that triggers it, he is still learning more about himself and doesn't have much control of his memory.

Crash: That.. I do not know. When I first saw you, a memory struck me, a memory from another universe.. No, outside of this universe in a certain time.

Hellhound!Brian: Woah, well whatever that means, I guess you and I know each other from another universe.. Does that mean-

Crash: A multiverse exists outside of this multiverse? Yes.

Hellhound!Brian: So cool!

Crash: Heh, you begin to sound like another Flame I once knew.

Hellhound!Brian: Is that so?

Crash: I guess. Anywho, it was a nice talk Brian.

Hellhound!Brian: Yea, same.

As Crash gets up and begins to leave to continue his patrol and taking care of the Rascals while Faith, Star, and Bailee go on a search to rescue Flame. A flying figure was standing on top of the building, just to see the fallen Rascal HQ tower. It was this same being who had helped with Flame and taken care of Mewni during that event, he chuckles, he has thought to be on Earth, but from what he's seeing, it's a different earth. This flying figure turns out to be no other than Lord Reaper, another one of Flame's arch nemesis back in Universe-X/Earth-616.

As always, he was in his final form, it has been 3 days since he was transported here despite the Portal Gate being removed from the snap. He is very interested in this world, he loves seeing total chaos. Reaper obviously had to heavily suppress his full power, just so he can get the fun out of it here. From behind, are 50s dead Nomu's bodies from on top of the building where he is. He finds it joy that he can have fun, much more fun.

Reaper: Oh my, no matter which planet I have conquered over one thousand years of my living, there always have to be more bodies to kill. Without a worthy opponent or a Flame in this universe, I am unstoppable.

Letting out an evil laugh, as he uses his psychic power to leave up all of the 50 dead Nomu's body, he's able to sense Nine's pressure from down the streets. He has a plan and with loads of fun, he floats and throw those dead Nomu's bodies towards him, Nine was luckily able to use his forcefield to block it, in shock, he is now seeing all of Nomu's Casualties, in front of him, this wasn't the work from the Rascals. After all the bodies were dropped, he deactivated his forcefield stares up to see a floating Lord Reaper, who has a smirk on his face.