Chapter two | Spilling Secrets

"Darling? What are you doing in here?" Raven asked as Darling turned around.

She let out the breath that she had no clue she had been holding. She was scared that it would've be been someone else. "I was just bringing Apple back inside. She fell asleep on me when we were talking in the forest, so I carried her back here. Wouldn't want her getting sun burnt.. Haha." Darling said quietly.

"Okay, but why were you just- standing there?" Raven asked her. "Um.. I dont- know?" Darling tried to lie her way out of this, but a bad habit that she had was that she would look down at her feet when she wasn't telling the truth. "Darling! Come on, I'm your friend, you can tell me anything!" Raven said eagerly, trying to get Darling to share her secret.

Darling looked over at Apple, making sure she was still asleep. She was, so Darling focused her attention back to Raven. "You promise you won't tell a soul?" Darling asked. Raven nodded her head. Darling took a deep breath, and whispered "I think I'm in love with Apple.." She said as quiet as she could, in fear that Apple would wake up and hear.

Raven's jaw dropped, and she started silently squealing while shaking Darling back and forth my the shoulders. "Ra...ven.... Stop... Shaking.... Me!" Darling said as she struggled to talk. Raven stopped shaking her, and held her in place until she could stand up straight.

"Sorry!! It's just, I've shipped the two of you since I found out that you woke her up!!! Hex, maybe even a bit before!" Raven said excitedly. "Really?" Darling said, confused. Raven started nodding her head rapidly.

Darling smiled a huge grin, and looked back over at Apple. She was fast asleep, snoring so quietly that you could barely hear any noise at all. Darling blushed a deep shade of crimson red, and turned back around.

"Please, don't tell her that I'm the one that woke her.. She deserves to know, but I don't think I'm quite ready to tell her just yet." Darling said quietly.

"Not ready to tell me what?" A voice came from behind them Darling spun around so fast that she almost fell over. "O-oh nothing apple!" Darling said in a panicked matter. Apple just shrugged her shoulders and got out of bed. Darling wanted to tell her, Apple he a right to know. She just.. Had to find the right time to.