Chapter 1

I woke up to violent shaking, at first I thought it was my dad but then I remembered we're still in the air on his private jet. I look around and see the flight attendant laughing aggressively at something my dad said. I roll my eyes at how so many women try to throw themselves at my dad, after my mom left he has never looked at any women the same. I look out at the beautiful ocean and instantly get mesmerized. I look around frantically for my camera.

"It's behind you" my dad smiles

"Thank you" I say back

I grab the camera and take the shot relieved that I captured it

"It seems I'm going to have to buy you another one before the trip is over" he teases

"I'm definitely going to need it" I beam

We are headed to Mexico, specifically Cabo San Lucas. I can't wait, dad has business to tend to and I'm just here to tag along. Hopefully I'll be inspired by what I actually want to do with my life.

I graduated a year ago and this is supposed to be my "gap year" but honestly I can't see myself going to college, I'm just scared to tell my dad right now.

"We're about to land sir" the flight attendant says while batting her eyes

I simply shake my head and fasten my seat belt. I hear a chuckle and I look over at my dad staring at me. I shrug and look out the window.

After we landed we got into a car that was already waiting for us headed to our house my dad had out here. Entering I head straight to my room. It had the best view. I couldn't wait for all the amazing shots I was going to take.

I heard a knock on my door "Veah?"

"Come in" I said

"Hey we're meeting my new business partners for dinner in an hour so be ready"

I gave him a look

"Really? Business already?"

"I promise we'll have time to ourselves okay?"

"Alright" I sigh

He gives me a tight lip smile and closes the door

I spend the rest of the hour unpacking and getting settled.

I head to my closet to pick out an outfit. Since it was a business dinner I wanted to dress up a little but also comfortable so I decided on a off the shoulder white dress and sandals. I washed up a bit, put the outfit on and put my braids in a ponytail with a swoop.

As I walked down the stairs I saw two buff men dressed in all black. I curiously looked over at my dad.

"Veah, this is Michael and Stephen, our security for the rest of the trip"

"Security? Why do-"

" Honey, it's just for precaution okay?"

I looked back over at the very large men and raised an eyebrow at my dad

"I promise you it's nothing to be worried about"

I rolled my eyes not believing that bullshit and headed to the car. My dad should know me better but I'll find out eventually.

"Who's these new business partners we're meeting" I ask

"The Perez's, they are also into international real estate, I'm looking to have a joint business to help me expand"

I simply nod and look out the window. We pulled into a huge mansion that had to be at least four stories. My dad whistles as the car stops. The door opens and a hand reaches out for me to take it, I look up and it's Stephen.