chapter 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

ᵗʰᵃˡᵃˢˢᵒᵖʰⁱˡᵉ

🪼⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

[ no more monster hunting! ]

𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐛.

Your fingers wrapped around his arm, and you pulled him closer to yourself. You frantically tapped his cheek with my palm, but his eyes made no movement of opening. Feeling the burning in your lungs, you burst upwards, quickly inhaling deeply once you surfaced. 

It was incredibly difficult as you barely managed to keep Jacob up from the water. You padded over to Red's fin, and with as much strength as you could muster, you heaved him onto the slippery appendage. 

You scrambled next to him, patting his cheek yet again as you called for him, "Jacob... Jacob! Jacob, wake up, you idiot!" Tears began to cascade down your cheeks when he didn't answer. "God, you're such a fool."

You pressed your hands to his chest, and began performing the medical procedure for his heart, pumping your hands in swift motions, desperate for his golden eyes to open. Then, you leaned down, pressing your lips to his as you breathed in air and re-did the sequence. You began to pant, your arms getting exhausted. 

You placed your lips against his again, exhaling another round of air, but as you leaned away to continue, Jacob's hand suddenly shot up, grasping your neck in a gentle hold as he kissed you. Your eyes widened as you gasped, but you soon melted into his touch. Wrapping your arms around his neck, you pulled him even closer, relishing the feeling of a proper kiss from Jacob Holland. 

He pulled back, to catch his breath, but kept that same soft hold on your neck. "You... You saved me," he whispered, and together, you both began to chuckle, foreheads pressed together. 

"Who else was gonna save you?" you asked, fingers gracing over his cheeks, neck and shoulders. 

"Well, I can think of a few, but I'm glad it was you," he smiled. You shoved him back a bit, shaking your head with a fond smirk. "Why-... Why did you come back?" he asked, thumb grazing your cheek as he stared into your E/C eyes.

"I had to... I had to because I couldn't let you die," you sniffed, the tears lightly blurring your vision. The next words felt like sweet sugar coating your tongue. "Because I love you."

Jacob felt his heart burst, beating erratically with the overwhelming feeling he could only identify as love. Though, this was nothing he hadn't felt for a long time. The sound of your voice uttering those words made him softly smile, as he kissed you deeply. 

Maisie, unbeknown to the phenomenon she had been waiting on for weeks now, rapidly sliced through the rope. She flinched back with a gasp, as Sarah stepped forward.