~~~ BOOK 1: THE CITY OF BONES ~~~

The New York Institute has been Daphne Penhallow's home since she was nine years old. When Jace Wayland arrived at the New York Institute, broken and alone, the two of them became something closer than friends, something more intimate than lovers—they became parabatai, a pair of warriors who would fight together as lifetime partners, bound by oath. 

Together, with their friends Alec and Isabelle Lightwood of the New York Institute, the young Nephilim patrolled the streets of New York City, keeping ignorant mundies (normal people) safe from the demons that prowled unknown. But when a routine dispatchment goes wrong one night due to a mundane girl who can see them despite their glamour runes, their lives grow infinitely more dangerous as rumors of Valentine—an old, infamous Shadowhunter traitor—begin to resurface in the Downworld. 

___

"Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people, and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me."

( Ruth 1:16-17 ) 

___

DISCLAIMER: The Mortal Instruments series does not belong to me. City of Bones is a wonderful work of fiction by the author Cassandra Clare, and this is a fanfiction only. All rights of the Shadowhunter-verse belong to her.