Shadows From The Past

First hello. This is the story of a friend of me. Her English is not very good so I'm writing it for her and politely asking for help.

She is 18 years old and had a lot tragic incidents in her life. Her mother died when she was third grade and also the grandparents who lived with her in the house died in the last two years.

She has a house that has two floors. Her father was sleeping on the first floor and she and her brother were sleeping on the second, but after this things started happening her brother moved to the first floor and it stopped for him. Now she is alone on the second floor (there are no more rooms for her to go on the first).

The last few months she can't sleep very well. She said she is waking up every 15-20 minutes scared and with cold sweat. During the minutes she is sleeping she is dreaming a lot, vivid long dreams. Sometimes she is feeling like someone is sitting on her (more like some heaviness on her chest) and the most disturbing thing is that she has a lot bruises that go away fast but there are new every morning. And they are not blue like fresh bruises, but more with a brownish color like old ones.

She also says she is not very sure but she feels that they are some strange ghosts\ shadows not her relatives, but she is not sure about it.

Normally she is a bright girl she even makes fun that she feels like in "Paranormal Activity" the movie, but I see that she is scared and needs advice.

She is a Christian (not a Catholic one) so she doesn't want to put some amulets and stuff but if it's really necessary she will. She wants to know what this is and how to fight it.