Chapter 10 - Yacht Partying

We had just arrived at the marine, and were now starting the night of partying ahead. Myself and Mason grabbed drinks for everyone before returning to the spot on the sofa. A few of the drivers, including; George, Lewis, Carlos and Max were sat with us, however unfortunately Kelly and Isa couldn't attend this race. We all chatted and ended up having another drink before the faces of two I did not want to see made an appearance by taking a with us all, causing an awkward tension to fill the air. "Fuck me" I whispered as Nai looked at me with a smirk, "bring out the bitches" she whispered causing the both of us to laugh, "something funny over there girls" Charlotte said with a curious grin, "yeah your desperation for attention" Naomi said showing her the same attitude with a false smile, "I'd control your bitch Romie" she said with a glare and eye roll, "it's Roma to you, and unlike you I don't have to control my friends to keep them around" I said giving her a smile, she dramatically sighed causing everyone to smirk or try to hold back a snigger including Charles, who caught my eye holding eye contact for a little longer than I'd like after everything. Not long after I excused myself to go to the ladies room, "want me to come with you?" Nai asked with her hand placed on my forearm, I shook my head "no you stay and enjoy yourself" I smiled. Just as I got there a frantic and breathless call of my name stopped me in my tracks, "Roma wait" Charles said, "what now Charles?" I replied with no remorse, "please just let me explain" he begged which caused me to scoff, "what? Explain how you embarrassed me by going back to your ex you said you were so over because I was out of sight for a week? Get over yourself Charles!" I said with my voice raised, "no, let me explain how she has forced me back into a relationship with her, by threatening the ones I love most!" He matched my tone with saying this, I was speechless, I had no witty come backs or one liners, I was shocked but what the hell did all of this mean? "I begging you to just believe me, I would never hurt you, but there was no choice when she had people watching you in Mykonos, knowing your every move. She's crazy and the only way to make sure you were safe was by doing what she asked for, to get back together" he said with a sad smile, before I knew it I was back in his arms, holding him as tight as I possibly could and that if I let go I'd be awakened from dreaming. He pulled away and placed him hand on my cheek before pulling me in, kissing him again made me feel safe and secure as if nothing and no one could ever hurt me but I knew this would probably be the last time I spoke to him after this evening. "I want to leave her, I wanna be us again" he said with a French accent, I smiled sadly, "if that may not be let me have this one last night" he said returning my features. I went back first, complaining of how I didn't feel right and was just going to head home, with Charles following ten minutes later using the excuse of a family emergency. Charlotte tried to leave with him but he refused and told her to enjoy the rest of his evening. The two of us got into his Ferrari and drove back to my apartment to spend the rest of the evening together. That night Nai decided to stay out at Maddison's hotel room, the two seemed to really hit it off, which meant that myself and Charles had the place to ourselves.

THE NEXT MORNING

I woke up to a Charles LeClerc staring at me, his eyes filled with adoration, "goodmorning bellé" his voice still husky and raspy from sleep, "good morning" I smiled lazily before resting my head on his chest and enjoying his embrace, but it suddenly hit me, this would be the last time I spent with Charles before cutting him out of my life and moving on, as I knew this would unlikely work out and resort to more heartbreak, that I could not cope with. Not long later, we said our goodbyes and Charles headed back to Charlotte. What can I say, that day was filled of tears and ice cream to numb the pain.