It's a Fundraiser, Charlie Brown

During the summer, Heather had taken over Lucy's psychiatry booth, and gave everyone great advice. When Lucy had returned from summer camp, Heather gave back the psychiatry booth, but not without thinking about starting her own. Lucy wasn't pleased that she was going to have a rival for psychiatry.

"You red-haired blockhead!" yelled Lucy.

Heather simply ignored her and set to work starting her psychiatry booth. She didn't go without thinking about how much each session cost. Lucy gives away her advice for five cents.

"Hmm...." Pondered Heather. "How much will... of course!"

Heather wrote on her booth "3 cents", so the lower the price, the more patients she could get.

"There." Smiled Heather. "I'm sure to do better than Lucy at this. Three cents for patients in general."

And she thought;

"And free psychiatry for Charlie Brown."

Soon, summer was over, and it was back to school for the kids, though Lucy and Heather agreed to open their booths on weekends if necessary.

One Saturday, as Heather sat at her psychiatry booth, who should come to the booth but Janice Emmons.

"Oh. Hello Janice." Smiled Heather.

"Hello Little Red-Haired Girl." Said Janice.

"You don't have to call me by the colour of my hair. My name is Heather." Heather replied.

"Okay, Heather." Said Janice. "By the way, where did you get the idea to do psychiatry?"

"A friend from my old neighbourhood taught me." replied Heather.

"Nice, Heather." Replied Janice.

"So what'll it be, Janice?" asked Heather.

"Did Charlie Brown ever tell you what I went through?" asked Janice.

"No, what?" Heather replied.

"I had a lot of bruises, none of which healed. I felt extremely tired. And I had a nasty fever. I had to go to hospital and the doctors told me I had leukaemia." Said Janice.

"Leukaemia?" Heather was shocked.

"That's cancer in the blood."

"Glad you survived, Janice." Said Heather. "Pity a lot of people didn't."

"I asked the doctors if I was going to die." Said Janice. "Charlie Brown asked me the same question, but chemotherapy did the trick, though it did make my hair fall out."

"That's nasty." Shuddered Heather. "Anyway, Janice, what does this have to do with what you're here for?"

"I'm looking to support people who've been diagnosed with leukaemia." Janice explained.

"I have a neat idea, Janice." Smiled Heather. "Why don't you start a fundraiser? Help raise money for people who've been diagnosed with leukaemia, lymphoma, or cancer in general."

"That's a wonderful idea, Heather!" exclaimed Janice.

"Oh, before you leave....." said Heather, shaking the tin, asking for Janice's money.

"Alright then." Smiled Janice as she tossed three cents into the tin.

"Beautiful sound." Smiled Heather.

Janice took Heather's words into account.

"Fundraiser." Janice said to herself. "That's the way! Raise money to help those suffering life threatening diseases."