It's a Surprise, Charlie Brown

Very early one morning, Charlie Brown, being his Charlie Brown self, woke up, thinking of the day ahead of him. Thinking about all the failures he'd endured; losing a grand majority of baseball games, Lucy always pulling the football away from him before he could kick it, failing to fly a kite, only for it to be eaten by the Kite-Eating Tree, and until the end of a school year, not having the courage to talk to the Little Red-Haired Girl.

"What good is life when all you do is fail, fail, fail?" Charlie Brown sighed to himself.

As Charlie Brown said this, Snoopy got off his doghouse, put his doggy dish in his mouth, and walked up to the Brown residence. He kicked the door.

"I guess Snoopy wants his breakfast. Coming, Snoopy!"

Charlie Brown got out of bed, and dressed himself. By the time he'd come into the kitchen, he was surprised to see.....

"Sally?!" Charlie Brown exclaimed.

There was Charlie Brown's favourite little sister Sally, plopping the dog food into the doggy dish, washing it, and stirring it.

"I'll feed Snoopy today, Big Brother. You just do your regular duties." Smiled Sally.

"But..... why are you doing my chores today, Sally?" Charlie Brown asked.

"Oh, it's a surprise, Big Brother!" Sally replied.

"Oh, good grief!" Charlie Brown sighed.

After breakfast, Charlie Brown heard a knock on the door, and went to get it. At the door was.....

"Linus? What are you doing here?" Charlie Brown asked.

"Hi, Charlie Brown." Said Linus. "Is Sally home?"

"Yes she is. Sally! Your sweet baboon is here!" Charlie Brown called.

"Ooh!" Sally exclaimed.

"I am not her sweet baboon! I mean babboo!" Linus shouted.

Sally walked over to the front door and saw Linus.

"Hi Linus! Did you come to take me to a movie?" Sally asked sweetly.

"No," replied Linus. "but I did come for something important. Something very important."

"What kind of something?" Sally asked.

"Can't tell you while your brother is still here." Linus said.

"I guess I'll try flying a kite or something." Sighed Charlie Brown as he left his household, and Sally escorted Linus in.

"So what sort of something important did you come here for, Linus?" asked Sally.

"Sally, don't tell your brother, but....." said Linus and he whispered into Sally's ear what his plan is.

"Ooh! That sounds exciting!" smiled Sally.

"But remember, don't tell Charlie Brown." Said Linus.

"I won't, Sweet Babboo." Said Sally innocently.

"And I am not your sweet babboo." Linus said sternly.

Charlie Brown was out in the neighbourhood, and had a thought.

"Hmm..... what should I do today?" Charlie Brown pondered. "Practice baseball? No. Batters will bat me out of my shirt and shoes. Pay a visit to Heather? No. She's probably doing something else. Go to Lucy's Psychiatry Booth? No. She'll just pull the football away from me."

Charlie Brown ponder and pondered and.....

"I know! I'll try flying a kite!"

Charlie Brown went to the backyard, and found a yellow kite with black zigzags like his shirt.