4

a/n: Sorry for the long wait. This chapter probably sucks, so sorry in advance!

The place was illuminated in different colors of light. There was music playing on the speakers—the band's own song, which was so loud that Miyeon almost couldn't hear her own voice when she asked the front lady about where she should sit.

People were scattered around the tables. Some had already got down on the dancefloor, dancing their asses off like it was their own party. Miyeon unconsciously rolled her eyes.

She cautiously made her way through the room, thinking of sitting on one of the furthest seats from the stage, as the front lady did tell her that she was free to choose where to sit.

Miyeon was almost unable to recognize most of the faces, except for her best friend, Jennie, who was with three other people; Lisa, Chaeyoung, and Jisoo. There was also her Japanese friend, Sana, with her Taiwanese girlfriend, who she only remembers as "the-not-korean-tall-girl."

She ended up sitting in the seat that was farthest from the stage. She might not be in a classroom at the moment, with a window either on her left or right, but yes, she's the main character of the story. Unfortunately, not all the main characters get their happy ending, and in Miyeon's case, she loved to blame it on the villain, fate.

Most of the people were standing on the dance floor, banging their heads to the music from the speakers as they all waited for the band's live performance. The other tables and chairs around Miyeon's seat were almost empty. Who would want to sit at the back when there aren't rules about getting close to the stage with the artists, right? For a moment, Miyeon felt lonely, but maybe, just maybe, she'd gotten used to it.

"Sitting in the last row where you can't even see the stage makes your attendance at the party useless, you know." Miyeon smiled sheepishly. "We're here to have fun, okay? Not for the drinks." Jennie added, to which Miyeon quickly retorted.

"Shut up, Kim. Who knows, maybe later I'll be slaying on the dance floor with god knows who." Miyeon attempted to sound intimidating, which absolutely failed, much to Jennie's pleasure.

After minutes of chatting with Miyeon, Jennie caught sight of her Thai girlfriend. "Lalisa Manoban!" The Thai beauty almost immediately whipped her head in the two's direction. Smiling, she made her way to Miyeon's table. Uneasiness was evident in her eyes.

"Nini, no. I haven't drunk alcohol yet and I don't plan to. " "I was—" "No, none of those girls caught my eye. I love you and only you." Lisa quickly explained with her eyes closed, probably avoiding the kitten's death glare.

"I was just going to ask you why you haven't even looked for me since I left our table."

"Oh."

Miyeon laughed her ass off at the scene, forgetting her anxieties for a moment.

"So?"

"Well, I thought Miyeon must've felt lonely at her table and that she could use some of your company for a while. I didn't want to interrupt you guys."

Miyeon smiled at the Thai woman's statement. She was thankful that her best friend, slash sister, was able to have such a caring and loving girlfriend. Oh how she wished Lisa's best friend was the same, but unfortunately not.

Later on, the couple both decided to stay with Miyeon at her not-so-happy table. The three were mindlessly arguing about Lisa's corny jokes when the music from the speakers stopped playing, and instead it was replaced by the voice of a guy.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! What a pleasure to see all of you enjoying your time here tonight." The crowd's cheers filled the room.

"Before we call our beloved artists up stage, I'd like to ask our dear CEO, Mr. Kim, to give us a short message." Mr. Kim quickly walked to the stage with a glass of champagne in his hands. "Let's give him a short round of applause!" The crowd started cheering and clapping for the CEO. A microphone was then handed to the man. The CEO smiled at the crowd.