Rough Start

Koume's POV
It had been two months since the incident, but it still felt like it was yesterday. I was discharged from the hospital and was permitted to return to school the following day. It had only been a few weeks since classes started so I shouldn't have too much trouble with academics. But that would be the least of my concerns. It's how everyone would react to my return. I am sure that nobody would have forgotten what happened that day...

It was late evening when I made it back to the school carrier. There weren't many students up at this time, so I wouldn't be spotted easily. I wanted to keep a low profile so that I wouldn't get into too much trouble with other students.  I made it to my dorm almost undetected. When I got to my door, I saw a picture of me taped to my door. 

There was a red "X" covering my face in the picture with the caption "Unwelcome." I just grabbed the picture and crumpled it before opening the door and entering.  It was clear that they still remember. Honestly, who wouldn't? 

I locked my door and closed the blinds. I then began to unpack my things. I then headed inside the bathroom to take a quick shower before heading to bed. I just hoped everything would at least be better tomorrow, but I knew that wouldn't come true.

I suddenly woke up at some point. I found myself to be sitting inside a tank. I looked around and there was no one inside. I tried to open the hatch of the commander's cupola but it was locked. I tried the other hatches but they too were locked. I was trapped inside. I took a look through the vision slits, there was completely nothing outside, just the colour white. And from out of nowhere, the tank began to fill up with water. I was caught completely off-guard. I tried to force the hatches open to escape to no avail. I began to bang against the compartment, yelling for help. But all my efforts would be in vain. The compartment was completely flooded and I was submerged underwater. 

I tried to open the hatch one more time, but it still wouldn't budge. Through the vision slit in the cupola, I saw Miho standing in front of me. I banged against the turret for help, but she just stood there. 

She then gave a menacing smile and said, "You took everything away from me. This is what you deserve~." before walking away, quickly disappearing in the distance. 

I kept banging desperately against the compartment for help to no avail. "Miho! I'm sorry! Please don't leave me here! I beg of you! Help me, please!" I yelled desperately. I was just about to drown right then and there, thinking that this might be the end.

Suddenly, I woke up once more. I got up and fell off the bed in a panic, trying to gasp for air. I looked at my surroundings before realizing that all that I saw all just a terrible dream. Certainly felt too real to be one. I caught my breath after a while before standing up and fixing myself. I then checked what time it was. It was 7:45 AM, I had 15 minutes left before classes began. 

"Scheisse! I'm going to be late!" I said. I quickly freshened up and wore my clothes before grabbing my things and storming out of the room. 

I made it just in the nick of time, with at least a minute to spare. I didn't have time to eat breakfast. I just ran up to my locker, stored all my belongings, grabbed what I needed, and headed straight to my first class. 

Upon entering the classroom, almost everyone stared at me. I made no eye contact and quickly sat down in a vacant seat. The students beside me glanced at me before gossiping about how I screwed up in the finals during the tournament. I had sharp ears so I knew what they were talking about. 

"Isn't that the girl that ruined our winning streak?" One of them gossiped. 

"You mean that undesirable beside us?" The other said.