Secrets

Pearl POV

Pearl: what?

A dwarf star!?! Are you serious? That amount of power could destroy an entire moon! And it's powering some machine?! Why would something this small need something that could power all of Home World?

Pearl: are you certain?

Garnet struggles to formulate an understandable sentence. Stumbling over her own words she finally answers.

Garnet: yes! That's all we can see!

Amethyst: whoa! I mean if it has Garnet this shaken up what else could it be?

She has a point. I've never seen Garnet this shaken up. I think I should do something about this.

Pearl: hey. Don't worry, it won't hurt us, it has no reason to, right?

Garnet is still frozen in place. Now's my chance! I have to keep that promise!

Pearl: hey when it's done repairing itself I'll go talk to it, ok?

Although still shaking Garnet nods her head and goes to sit with Steven.

Pearl: ok you all wait here and I'll go wait for it to finish.

I say as I make my way over to the side room. There are so many thoughts running through my head right now, so many memories. Of her, Rose, that promise I made to her. But lying to my friends, to Steven! It hurts so much! But I have to do this!

3rd POV

Pearl continues to make her way to the door with a glint of determination in her very gem. Suddenly the noise of burning metal and screeching of pure power, is halted as the chest plate of the golem is put back in place. Pearl then hurries over to the door waiting for it to open. When it does she walks in looking for her new "companion"

Pearl: e-excuse me?

???: yes? Oh! You must be my diamonds pearl, right? I was instructed to follow your commands. Would you like my assistance?

Pearl: I-I need to stop calling Steven
"my diamond" please just call him Steven, ok?

???: understood, may I ask why?

Pearl then begins to sweat profusely.

Pearl: uhmm, he just doesn't like being called that!

The golem then nods it's head in confirmation, understanding what she wanted him to know.

Pearl: oh, thank you-

She then realizes that she did not know it's name.

Pearl: oh! Please excuse my rudeness, I forgot to ask your name!

The golem then freezes in place deep in thought.

???: hmm, it appears that my memory files have been corrupted, I'm afraid that I cannot remember my designation.

Pearl then sighs in disappointment knowing that Steven wold no doubt come up with a name for him.

Pearl: follow me.

The two crystals make their way to the others.

Amethyst: oh! Hey, their back!

Steven looks over in surprise. However Garnet looks over in fear.

Steven: wow! Do you really have a star in your chest!?

???: yes, it appears that it is my power source.

He then notices Garnet's weariness.

???: I'm sorry, but do I seem threatening to you? If I do I apologize, it seems that my stature was made purely for battle.