Dalton Sheperd: Part 1

-Y/N-

I watch from the cabin as Dalton approaches his former client, phone in hand, ready to dial emergency, in case things go south.

At first it looks as though they're having a friendly chat but soon the star's body language shifts, they exude anger. Soon a fist is thrown and they fight it out in the snow.

I don't hesitate to dial the police and ask for them to send someone immediately but I feared for the worst because there was nothing good about this situation.

A final punch is thrown and Dalton falls, while his attacker flees in the direction he came from.

I panic.

I rush out to him in barely enough clothes to keep myself warm, the adrenaline that was coursing through my body keeping me from freezing. I cradle his head in my lap and take in all the damage done to his face.

Soon I hear sirens, frantically trying to get their attention, I scream for help.

The cold was not helping his condition and the adrenaline was beginning to wear off.

"We'll take it from here ma'am." They try their best to transport him to the ambulance smoothly but the snow makes that difficult.

I felt as though the world was tilting and before I knew it, everything went black.

Muffled sounds and voice filled my ears briefly before all I could hear was an annoying, high pitched ringing.

————————————————

When I finally opened my aching eyes again, I was in a more sterile environment and dressed in a hospital gown. I frowned looking around a huge room, that only I occupied.

I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and stood up. My legs were shaky but I managed to make it to the door. A nurse passed by and I called out to her.

"Uh excuse me? Where is the man I came in with?" Her eyes show realisation and she points to the room beside mine.

"Just wait a moment please, I'll let the doctor know you're awake and then you can go visit him, okay?"

I nod, pretending to agree but as soon as she disappeared around the corner, I walked as fast as my tired legs would carry me. I went to pull the curtain back but then I heard voices.

"This whole incident has made me realise that I should've appreciated you from the beginning. Instead I took you for granted, I was selfish, I understand that now. So if you'll just give me another chance."

"Sae-byeok." His tone is soft.

I didn't need to hear anymore. I always knew that his and I's relationship was transactional and I should've known better than to think it could be anything different.

I walked back to my room and sat back down on the bed, awaiting the doctor's arrival. Soon he enters.

"Ahh y/n, I presume."

I nod in response, unable to form words.

"Alright well, I have some good news. You are free to go. You results all came back normal, just please avoid running out into snow without pyjamas on. I'll start the discharge papers," he gestures to a pile of clothes on the seat beside me. "While you get ready. You should be home in no time." He smiles before closing the curtain and the door behind him.

My body aches but I put my clothes on quickly. Eager to forget the past couple hours or days or weeks. Hell, I might just forget about the whole year.

Finally I'm free to leave and I prayed to god that when I walked past Dalton's room the curtain was closed.

Apparently God hated me.

I tried to walk past sneakily but failed.

"Y/n! You're leaving?" I back track into his room and smile sheepishly. He still looked beautiful, even with the injuries to his face.

"Yeah, just wanna go home and sleep in my own bed." I lied. 'I want to get away from you!' Is what I wanted to say.

"Oh." His face falls and it was like I couldn't control my body when I placed a kiss on an un-bruised part of his forehead.

"I'll uh I'll see you around Dalton." I smile halfheartedly, feeling as though I was leaving my heart in that hospital bed.

"You can't stay?" His voice almost pleads.

I couldn't stay, I didn't wanna be his consolation prize, only good for when his plans fall through with Sae-byeok. I wanted passion, I wanted to be what someone thought of when they woke up and before they went to sleep. I wanted all of him and I couldn't have it.

I didn't want to be just another transactional relationship.

"No I can't." His eyes stared into mine.

"I've got to go Dalton. Feel better soon."

—————

-A/N-

Request are open! Keeping in mind I have yet to complete many of the stories.

Please use my referral code so I can finish more stories to the best of my abilities- XP-N6K-BCJ