Begin.

It started in the hayloft. It started as small as a vole. It grew so large and out of control. 
It started hungry and smelled of rot. 

He awoke stumbling and weary.  His eyes opened while it was dark outside and from the hayloft, he was met with the smell of shit and the sound of mice. They tasted awful. 
He quickly became what he needed to be. Bigger. Calmer. Hungrier. 

Oh. It wouldn't be a story without someone in danger right?

He finds no others that look like him here, with moving skin showing bones as odd as his. Below him were swine. Pork was the second item on his menu. His first move was to silence their ear-piercing screams. When they fell silent, the sound of squelching and crunching filled the walls. He left no bone, no hair, or lump of skin left when he was done with their corpses. No one ever saw him coming. His hunger only grew worse. His stomach widens with a guttural groan. More. He must have More. It was a pity the farm hand was sneaking into the farmhouse when he was found. The thing dragged him away from the window by his ankle, taking a knifelike finger and impaling the young lad's knee. He was gone before he could scream. Nothing but his clothes and shoes were left. The house erupted into screams of horror as his head burst through the glass of the same window the young lad had just been trying to get into. The poor girl was terrified. The thing silenced her as quickly as it could with a swift jab right through her right eye. His jaw unhinged as he lifted the poor girl, she was luckily dead before she could experience the horror of being eaten alive. He swallowed her in just over a minute. 

*BANG*

A  bullet tore through what is assumed to be his shoulder and ripped flesh from bone. He screamed with a dreadful, spine-splitting screech. Before he could turn around another was fired into his head. He dropped quickly to the ground. The repugnant smell of rot filled the room quickly. The two men standing in the doorway with hands over their mouths almost gagging from the smell, and a mother is sobbing nearby, at the loss of her child while holding another one of her children close. 

Unfortunately for them he never stays down long.  As he stood back up, the odious feeling of being completely out of control in this situation hit them with the force of a freight train. He quickly tore through all four of them with a force so brutal I dare not repeat how they died.
One of the men was eaten alive. He ate the flesh of the men first. They tasted just as bad as the mice he found. The women tasted just as bad. Too much like the pigs in the barn. His journey to fill his need to eat would lead him into a world of curious strangers and piles of flesh that could be consumed for his desire. Though it won't last forever. 

Where did he come from? What is he?

Better questions are, who created him and how are they going to stop him?

(Writing Prompt: Monster from a lab. To be continued. )

Written by Michelle