I

you didn't believe you'd ever love kazuha . you weren't expecting it at all.

the day you realised, you tried to get rid of your feelings: you tried to hate him. he was your best friend, your only one, if you were to let him go you would have no one.

and he's all you've ever known. without him, who are you? it's not like you have any other friends; it's only ever been kazuha, and it always will be.

you don't know anything else but him.

to get rid of kazuha would be removing the sun out of a perfectly lighted world.

then, the hanahaki came. red carnations itching in you lungs and throat.

you were walking home with him, when you felt an unbearable burning in your throat.
your parents found you running and coughing in the way home. when bloody petals started to be coughed up, they immediately brought you to the hospital.

it didn't take long to receive your diagnosis. everyone in the room what it was.

hanahaki. the flowers of unrequited love. feelings one-sided.

" miss [y/n], you only have two available options. you can either go through surgery, and consequently lose not only your memories of them, but your ability to love. "

love is war. and kazuha was the war worth fighting for.

your parents seemed to understand.

"it's him, isn't it?"

"yeah."

"but is he worth dying for?"

"..."

you didn't know what to say. living without him wouldn't be living if you're nothing without him.

"yes, he is."