Chapter 1 Suzuma x Introduction x Hunter

During the two hundred and eighty seventh hunter exam the abundance of people was  staggering, more than half of the candidates were newbies. A woman with long raven hair and dark magenta hues walked right past the unusual man. She gently flipped her hair passing to see if the man was watching her, she felt the man's cold stare. The young woman smiled softly, stopping on the opposite side of the hall, she was starting to size up the other appliances.

The man in the jester outfit watched her intently, his interest peaked by a mere woman. A man not knowing clearly where he was going knocked into Hisoka, making Hisoka lose his train of thought about the woman. Annoyed, he glared at the man expecting an apology, the man walked away with no care in the world. The woman glanced over at the two mens exchange, in a mear moment the man was screaming. His arms were disappearing before her eyes.

The man's arms turned into flower pestles, admittedly they were beautiful to her but she was stunned in silence.  Breaking the silence Hisoka spoke out over the man screaming in pain, "My how unusual. This man's  arms seemed to turn into  flower petals . Now you see them now you don't" He raised his arms up showing he had nothing in his hand.

"You should be more careful. Do apologize if you would." Hisoka grinned madly with his eyes scanning everyone else for a reaction. With everyone in a stunned silence , everyone seemed nervous to move. A few minutes went by and  a man sauntered over to the woman, he stopped mid way seeing the little wrench known as Tonpa was striking up a conversation with the woman.

From the tone in her voice she sounded rather annoyed by the short man, "What's your name newbie?" He said with haist in his voice. Her response was rather cold and short. "Suzuma." Seeing she has no interest in allowing him to waste her time, he simply moved on to his other tactic. "Would you like this drink I have here?" 

The man lifted the soda to give to her, a card flew into the can cutting it in half. Suzuma glanced at the way the card came from, Tonpa took that moment to make a quick escape. The jester of a man walked over with an almost purpose in his step.  "Hello there, I thought I would spare you the pain of having to take the exam another time. He normally poisons newbies. He tried that one out on me last year. Clearly he hasn't learned his lesson yet. My name is Hisoka by the way." He said with a playful smile handing her a rose he pulled out from behind himself

"It's nice to meet you, Hisoka. That was quite the scene you found yourself in huh? Clearly I should stay away from you but it seems like you have a kind side." She seemed to relax her posture with him, she smiled warmly at him, He returned the smile saying, "You should be careful with the people you trust, not everything is as it seems Suzuma." With that he turned around, melting into the crowd of people.

'That was a strange man, is he alright in the head? I mean I can tell he knows Nen but to what extent and will he be using that during the exam. Most of the other applicants definitely don't know Nen. He is definitely someone I should keep my eyes on, he might try to fight me. It's a good thing my father taught me the basics of nen. ' Suzuma seemed to be lost in thought about the strange encounter with Hisoka. He did something nice for her but from what she heard about him, he wasn't a nice guy.

That said, it didn't mean she was going to take his act of kindness to heart, she knew better than that. Over an hour later, the proctor for the exam showed up. Everyone that was there seemed to perk up with attanton. "Come with me. We have a long road ahead of us. If you can't keep up you will be left behind and disqualified. But don't fret, you can always come back next year." The tall man said with confidence, Suzuma glanced over the crowd once trying to see where Hisoka had gotten to.

Stunned she felt his presents right behind her, she said nothing to him but felt his bloodlust pouring out from him. This new development made her shudder with anticipation, knowing she dodged a bullet talking to him earlier. Maybe she wouldn't be a target for him, little did she know he definitely was interested in her.