Chapter 2

Star was awoken to the sound of snarls and growls. "Why can't a wolf get an small nap around here?" She thought to her self. She stretched out, and galloped out of the cave.

Twilight was still running when she realized she had lost the foxes. Mean while at the creosote tree, the foxes picked up her sent on where she was going.

A rabbit dashed through the canyon, so Starlight decided she needed some breakfast. She stopped in her tracks, when she caught a sent of a fox. She hadn't had fox sense she was a pup.

Twilight ran right to the canyon, and stopped before she almost pranced off the edge. She stood there pointlessly on the edge of the canyon. She looked down at the amazing scenery.

Star was under a cliff, when some dust and small rocks fell on her shoulder. She didn't even look up, she just brushed them off and kept walking.

The foxes appered right next to Twilight. It was time to put on her game face. She charged at one of them, and he fell off the cliff. Twilight did this to all four of them, accept the alpha. The tussled it out for 27 minutes, until Twilight's ground under her broke.

Star pursued the hunt with the rabbit once again, but soon she turned back. She eventually came to the cliff, and saw four foxes lying dead under the large cliff. She looked up, and to her shock, she saw a grey and white wolf dangling from the cliff. A fox was prying her paws from the sight of the cliff, Star noticed the fox had bright, vivid red eyes, just like June.

Twilight tried to hang on for as long as she could. As the fox pried the last paw for the cliff, he stifled a smile. Then she fell.

Thinking quickly, Star flew through the air and caught the young wolf. She gracifley floated to the ground, and set the wolf down. The young wolf didn't move, "hay!, you are not dead!" Star said as she nudged the wolf.

Twilight cocked her head at the mysterious floating, winged, wolf. She shivered in fear, and managed to let out a quite yelp.

"Well, are you going to speak?" The wolf just shrank back in fear. "Oh ya, normal wolves don't speak."Star Muttered. She noticed the wolf was staring at her, and she put away her wings. "Sorry about that, it's normal to get scarred."

Star had an idea, she grabs a paw full of sand and thoughts it at Twilight. Star is shouting "MAGIC SPEAKING DUST!"Twilight tumbled backwards in to a little river. She stood there soaking wet, more confused as ever.

"A little trick I learned from my old friend." Star chuckled "Go ahead, say something." Star grinned, Twilight had managed to say, "what should I say?"