Chapter 20

Author's POV

The clinking sound of payal (anklets) echoed through the corridor as Tanu rushed to the girl who was losing her conscious while clutching her belly.

Fortunately, she caught her just at the right time. She tried to wake her up but in vain. So, She decided to call the doctor.

Waiting for her to wake up, Tanu sat beside her. A knock on the door startled her. But the person at the door surprised her.

"Are these your eyes or some cctv camera?"

Sameer turned to look towards the owner of the voice only to find Ritika there. He questioned her raising his eyebrows to which she rolled her eyes and repeated her question.

"I have been watching you from a long time that You are looking at someone with these cctv eyes of yours. What are you upto Mr. Irritating?", Ritika said. Sameer smirked at her.

"So, Miss. Angry bird has become Miss. Stalker now. Uff! I am so touched that you looked at me"

"Stalker? And Me? Nah! It's you. You are stalking someone from a long time. You seem to not to have good intentions. It's wrong to stalk someone. You can be sued. And I will look at you!", she scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Miss sasti Supreme court ki judge (cheap judge of supreme court), Don't jump at conclusions right away. I see You were stalking me too but i won't get you sued. Don't worry", He winked at her,"I am leaving you because you are Tanu's friend"

"You-"

On the other side, Tanu looked at the person at the door and asked

"What's wrong? Everything's fine?"

"I guess i should be the one asking you this", Sourabh said passing her his contagious smile which she mirrored. He looked at the mixed race girl lying unconscious on the bed, keenly.

"Jay happened to saw you taking her here after our performance. So he informed me. In case you need some help" He told her. Her lips curved into a beautiful smile and gave him a node. He continues,"What happened to her?.... Do you know her?"

"No, I don't know her. Just saw her fainting. Doctor said she is pregnant and not taking care of herself. Her weakness led her to faint", He was shocked. She continues," she should take care of herself at this stage. She shouldn't be work herself out much...", she said looking at the unconscious girl.

"Have you tried reaching out to her family or guardian?"

"I did but her phone's security system is like she has some secret nuclear formula. So I am just waiting her to wake up", she replied. Nodding, he excused himself and left from there.

By the time he returned, he saw that she was up and was talking to Tanu. She thanked Tanu for helping her and taking care of her. Tanu noticed him coming and introduced him.

"And Aishwarya, this is Sourabh, my friend". They nodded greeting each other. After sometime, they left, telling Aishwarya to take care of herself.

"What a nice girl she is. Did you see her eyes? So beautiful", Tanu uttered as they were walking. He just nodded.

"I think i forgot my phone there. You go, I am just coming", Sourabh said remembering something.

Saying "Okay", Tanu left from there. As soon as she arrived, she joined her friends.

"They look great together", commented Tanu on the couple performing on stage.

"Both are so cute. They are Couple goals", Ritika said with dreamy eyes. Ravi and Priyal were performing on a romantic song. Sameer came and sat next to Tanu. Ritika ignored him plainly.

"Is there something wrong?", Asked Tanu who felt something odd in her friend's action.

"Nothing", she replied. Tanu looked at her then at Sameer, who just shrugged his shoulders not knowing anything.

"You can tell me", she asked again. Ritika parted her lips but Sameer spoke before she could speak anything.

"Where is Sourabh? He is nowhere to be seen", he said while looking around. Tanu told him everything that happened a few moments ago.

There Sourabh returned to the room where Aishwarya was resting. Aishwarya looked up to see him. Before she could say anything, he threw his questions at her.

"You were pregnant! Why didn't you tell me?"

"Was it necessary?" She said raising her eyebrow.

"Yes-", he said but she cut off him in midway.

"But I don't-

"You should go back as soon as possible. Take care", adding that he turned his heels to leave but her statement stopped him.

"I won't go back alone! And this is my last decision"